***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...rew-lock-and-noah-fant-shine-at-workouts/amp/

Iowa State's Hakeem Butler impressed by running a 4.48 40-yard dash at 227 pounds, and while he wasn't able to make the catch on his first rep, he settled in and showed well in the gauntlet drill, which will help alleviate some concerns about his hands. He did enough, paired with his insane measurables (10 3/4-inch hands?), that some team could easily fall in love with him in the top 50 or even on Round 1.

• Informative
Reactions: State43 and Aclone

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Why are the Browns a problem? They are some peoples pick to win the division next year. They need a tall receiver. I think it could be a good landing spot.
Track record. I don’t think their owner can be hands off enough to not ruin what they built last year. That espn.com article from a month or so ago was pretty eye opening about what a ******** that organization has been under Haslem.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Track record. I don’t think their owner can be hands off enough to not ruin what they built last year. That espn.com article from a month or so ago was pretty eye opening about what a ******** that organization has been under Haslem.
Buddy of mine from Cleveland gets physically angry when I tell him there's always a chance the Browns come around. He is 100% certain that organization is crippled by all who touch it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Why are the Browns a problem? They are some peoples pick to win the division next year. They need a tall receiver. I think it could be a good landing spot.
are those people completely stupid?

• Creative
Reactions: jim4

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Is there a transcript of DMs interview anywhere? I heard Walters and Heft yesterday on the radio saying David had a lot of great things to say and I was hoping to read them. TIA

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
That may be true, but talent wins out more than not and they are stocking up on young talent. My prediction. Browns down one game behind Ravens going into last 3 weeks. Kareem Hunt gains eligibility and Browns sneak into playoffs behind an improved run game. Steelers and Bengals are both dumpster fires right now.

Reactions: Doc

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'd be leery of Metcalf. He was just not that productive in college. I know he had an injury this year that caused him to miss games, but he only had 26 catches for 569 yards. Last year he had 39 for 646 yards. 67 catches for 1228 yards in his career. Butler had 60 catches for 1318 yards this year alone. I know Butler has drop problems, but if Metcalf is so good, why wasn't he more productive?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I'd be leery of Metcalf. He was just not that productive in college. I know he had an injury this year that caused him to miss games, but he only had 26 catches for 569 yards. Last year he had 39 for 646 yards. 67 catches for 1228 yards in his career. Butler had 60 catches for 1318 yards this year alone. I know Butler has drop problems, but if Metcalf is so good, why wasn't he more productive?

Because outside of Bama and Georgia, the offenses in the SEC are garbage

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO

Based off his numbers in the agility drills I’m guessing Metcalf has problems getting open. Top end speed and strength doesn’t matter if you’re slow out of breaks, which he certainly was at the combine.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Agreed. His 40 time and physique will probably send everyone back to the tape for another look, but his lack of production and questionable agility would be big red flags to me. It's very possible he's just a big receiver with elite straight line speed. Useful for sure, but not worth burning a high pick on.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Agreed. His 40 time and physique will probably send everyone back to the tape for another look, but his lack of production and questionable agility would be big red flags to me. It's very possible he's just a big receiver with elite straight line speed. Useful for sure, but not worth burning a high pick on.
He had two season ending injuries fwiw.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
  • Informative
Reactions: isutrevman