***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
The Raiders need a RB bad! They also have 3 1st round picks. I bet they go:
There original pick: OL/DL
Cowboys Pick: WR
Bears Pick: David Montgomery

Do it exactly like the Cowboys in the 90's.
The Bears don’t need a running back. There offensive scheme calls for a guy like Tarik Cohen and not traditional running backs like Montgomery or Jordan Howard, which is why Howard hasn’t been very good this year. He doesn’t fit there scheme and neither would Montgomery.

• Funny
Reactions: Lahey

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
CBS morning update.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...riots-replace-rob-gronkowski-three-qbs-taken/

GB.png
32. Green Bay Packers (via New Orleans)

David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State. Yep, that's right, this is the first time we've included a running back in the first round of our 15-and-counting 2019 NFL mock drafts. Realistically, Montgomery probably won't find his way into Round 1 but he's an explosive runner who could give Rodgers another weapon and in the process add balance to an offense that at times looks out of sync. Montgomery has 2,300 yards and 23 touchdowns his last two seasons and shows the ability to catch passes coming out of the backfield.

As a Bears fan, this would make me sick.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
The Bears don’t need a running back. There offensive scheme calls for a guy like Tarik Cohen and not traditional running backs like Montgomery or Jordan Howard, which is why Howard hasn’t been very good this year. He doesn’t fit there scheme and neither would Montgomery.

Thats probably a good thing because the Bears dont have their 1st round pick this year. Or next year. The Raiders do, which is why the post you quoted said the Raiders using the pick they got from the Bears.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
CBS morning update.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...riots-replace-rob-gronkowski-three-qbs-taken/

GB.png

David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State. Yep, that's right, this is the first time we've included a running back in the first round of our 15-and-counting 2019 NFL mock drafts. Realistically, Montgomery probably won't find his way into Round 1 but he's an explosive runner who could give Rodgers another weapon and in the process add balance to an offense that at times looks out of sync. Montgomery has 2,300 yards and 23 touchdowns his last two seasons and shows the ability to catch passes coming out of the backfield.
I'd die of sadness if this were to happen.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Height and strength. He can hold off a defender, and defenders trying to be physical with him get themselves knocked off stride.
Lazard had those traits, too. Actually, he was probably better at not needing separation to make catches.

I think Butler has potential, but guys with questionable hands rarely get drafted high when also being viewed as lacking separation. Plays like that drop against KSU did some damage imo.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
CBS morning update.

GB.png

Yes please!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Lazard had those traits, too. Actually, he was probably better at not needing separation to make catches.

I think Butler has potential, but guys with questionable hands rarely get drafted high when also being viewed as lacking separation. Plays like that drop against KSU did some damage imo.

Lazard couldn't run past people. He may not be blazing fast, but he can blow by people, and does so quite often.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Lazard couldn't run past people. He may not be blazing fast, but he can blow by people, and does so quite often.
Like Lazard, separation against man coverage is going to be something he needs to convince front offices he can improve on.

I think he runs better than Lazard, but not well enough to be a high draft pick with questionable hands. Lazard had a defined commodity. Butler’s NFL attribute, size/catch radius, is marginalized by his hands. Hopefully some team is willing to bet on his upside and takes him in the first couple rounds.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
A couple of websites have stated that Butler declared for the draft right before the bowl game. I'm 99% sure that they are wrong, but thought I would throw it out there. His name is not on any of the sites that track the players that have declared. A lot of sites do think he will declare and be a 2nd round pick.

Montgomery on the other hand, I have heard nothing at all about him entering the draft. I guess we will know soon enough.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
A couple of websites have stated that Butler declared for the draft right before the bowl game. I'm 99% sure that they are wrong, but thought I would throw it out there. His name is not on any of the sites that track the players that have declared. A lot of sites do think he will declare and be a 2nd round pick.

Montgomery on the other hand, I have heard nothing at all about him entering the draft. I guess we will know soon enough.

Yeah, pretty sure it was quickly confirmed that he had not.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I currently have Montgomery going late 1st round to the Chiefs. I know they need secondary help, but I think they will want to replace Hunt with a somewhat similar back. Besides, I got them addressing the secondary in round 2.

Right now I have Butler going to the Colts in round 2. There are a lot of teams that need WR's and that will help Hakeem if he does go pro. I have been seeing him mocked to the Ravens in rd. 1 quite a bit.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Alamo Bowl commentators spoke of both like it was their last game without it being confirmed.

Imo that was unfair to put it out there like that no matter how likely it is or isn't to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Mont prob get picked end 2nd rd or so..

Butler if he goes I’d guess 4th rd