***Official Super Bowl Game Thread***

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Your debating skills are unmatched. I concede - I can’t compete with ‘carrying water’. Kittle‘s poor play, regardless of the reason, is why the Niner’s lost.
Do they win if he makes one big play? Probably.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
Mahomes is awesome but this always annoys me about Chiefs fans…it’s always Mahomes won it. Mahomes was better than the 49ers. Uhh…your defense is incredible and won you the Ravens game and kept them in this one. Give some credit to a really good defense and special teams.
People love to rally around a central figure and place all the success or blame on that person. It’s easier that way. It seems that most humans can’t handle non-binary thinking and reject that multiple can elements influence an outcome.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Do they win if he makes one big play? Probably.
Maybe, but they didn't, the Championship trophy is going to KC, the runner up trophy will be in SF. Both teams made mistakes, the Chiefs just made fewer and won in the end. Get over and it and move on.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Brady was a game manager, and he was so good at it he is the best quarterback to ever play the game. The idea that managing a game is somehow a negative is so dumb. Mahomes playoff wins this year were mostly good game management on his part in addition to a few dazzling plays. You want to win you have to be a good game manager. That's why Cam Newton is doing a podcast instead of playing while he's still physically plenty capable of being in the league.
Cam is athletic enough probably, but he can't throw worth a ****, so.
He should probably shut his mouth too.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Your debating skills are unmatched. I concede - I can’t compete with ‘carrying water’. Kittle‘s poor play, regardless of the reason, is why the Niner’s lost.
Why is it so hard to admit that it was a storyline in this game? His lack of contribution is not THE reason they lost, nor have I ever said that it was. But, it contributed. Was he hurt? Was KC doing something special to eliminate him? Was he just not playing well? There could be a bunch of reasons why he didn't perform. But San Francisco could really have used his usual production. And it's not "lame" for pointing that out, regardless of how much you want it to be.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You honestly think the 9ers would have kicked the extra point to tie it if they went second? No way that happens.

So you’re going to hinge your hopes on converting a 2-pt conversion, something that probably has the odds of a coin flip, or give yourself the chance to win the game in sudden death with a FG?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Maybe, but they didn't, the Championship trophy is going to KC, the runner up trophy will be in SF. Both teams made mistakes, the Chiefs just made fewer and won in the end. Get over and it and move on.
You apparently don’t actually read the posts and follow context, so maybe you should go back to Facebook.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
I call it as I see it.

Chiefs extremely lucky that the 49ers gaged the game away with flukey bounces and terrible game theory from Their “I’m smarter than everyone “ head coach Shanahan.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Real easy, I said Brock had a good game, this has nothing to do with Purdy, why did you bring him up? You are a hater, I get that, but it had nothing to do with Purdy.
You said chiefs haters were coming out of the woodwork. I mocked you saying that with the Brock comment. Mocked.

So anyways again, please show me where I hated on the chiefs. Was it when I dumbed the people being jerks about Swift? :jimlad:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I call it as I see it.

Chiefs extremely lucky that the 49ers gaged the game away with flukey bounces and terrible game theory from Their “I’m smarter than everyone “ head coach Shanahan.
Every Super Bowl winner is extremely lucky. There are tons of butterfly effect moments in every single game that contribute to the outcome. Some are easier to identify than others, but you don't win without having a few balls bounce your way.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Bro

He had a shot to shut everyone up and they settled for a fg. Golden opportunity. The great ones find a way.
This is pretty close to anti Brock. It’s not like he chose to kick the field goal, you know it’s the coach who decides right?

• Agree
Reactions: ISUChippewa