***Official Super Bowl Game Thread***

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Not sure if it has been said already, but if you select defense first, give up a TD, then you drive down the field and score a TD, go for two points for the win. Don’t let Mahomes decide the outcome. Also, your kicker already missed an XP. Go for two and let your offense determine the winner right there

I will say the defense was exhausted though, which may be why they wanted to get the ball first
My guess is it was 100 percent to give the D a breather. They needed off the field after almost giving up the game winner in regulation.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
And he only missed those throws because the line was horrendous. There was someone in his face constantly. Those big throws were timing routes, and everything got thrown off.
Yep, when he overthrew the guy in the end zone late it was because Chris Jones was in his face and kept him from following through. Give Brock one more second and that’s a TD.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Yep, when he overthrew the guy in the end zone late it was because Chris Jones was in his face and kept him from following through. Give Brock one more second and that’s a TD.
There was a couple plays where if the o-line held up there could have been a big play. The biggest one was OT at 7:28 mark(3rd down play) where Aiyuk was wide open in the back of the endzone, but no one blocked Chris Jones to Purdy had no time to set his feed and throw.

Last edited:

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Ultimately thrilled that we had so many Cyclones in the playoffs, but disappointed none of them won the Super Bowl. We have guys playing with contenders. The future is bright

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Kelce is getting up there, so we shall see. I think people are still way too early on the Mahomes catching Brady thing. Seven Super Bowls is an insane number when just playing 7 years in the NFL by itself (yes I know QBs are different) is a nice career. Will Mahomes play at this level into his 40s? Idk. Not saying he can’t catch Tom, but that’s still four more Super Bowls just to tie Brady and Brady (as much as I loathe him) beat Mahomes H2H in the Super Bowl badly, as well as beat him H2H in the AFC Championship when what’s his face jumped offside.

Yea way too early, he has a long ways to go. The Chiefs don’t seem to be as good at replacing higher priced studs with lower priced studs as Belicheck was.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yea way too early, he has a long ways to go. The Chiefs don’t seem to be as good at replacing higher priced studs with lower priced studs as Belicheck was.
Also curious if MVS reverts to his old days. The packers let him go because he was at best a 40/60 chance he’d catch the ball when wide open. Then realize that you had Rodgers throwing him the ball and that really showed his stone hands. The guy had 4x the season he’d ever had in Green Bay.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I don't hate Brock, he played well, and would have been rooting for him playing any team but the Chiefs. Brock will win championships in the future. Just getting tired of people hating on the Chiefs for winning, we sucked for 40 years, so give those of us that are KC fans a break and let us enjoy this run we are on. Purdy has nothing to do with it, it's all about the Chiefs, back-to-back Champions.

I don’t hate the Chiefs, but the stuff around them is getting obnoxious. Brittany and Jackson Mahomes… The Taylor Swift stuff is mildly annoying. Also have you ever seen anyone ever body check their head coach and scream in his face?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
My guess is it was 100 percent to give the D a breather. They needed off the field after almost giving up the game winner in regulation.
Yeah the D needed a break to even have a chance to stop the Chiefs. The 9ers should've treated their OT drive like TD or bust though. FG wasn't getting it done there

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Everyone talking about the muffed punt costing them the game, what about Pacheco fumbling inside the 10? That cost them a TD early.

It was there for the taking, but you have to come away with 7 there. Brock played great but really similar to Oklahoma in 19, Big 12 Championship in 2020, Clemson, Washington St.....he played well just needed to make 1 or 2 more plays and they win.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Everyone talking about the muffed punt costing them the game, what about Pacheco fumbling inside the 10? That cost them a TD early.

It was there for the taking, but you have to come away with 7 there. Brock played great but really similar to Oklahoma in 19, Big 12 Championship in 2020, Clemson, Washington St.....he played well just needed to make 1 or 2 more plays and they win.
Problem was SF couldn't block Jones. He was the difference maker, took 2 likely SF TD's off the board with pressure. Brock played well enough to win, but they just had a few too many things go against them last night.

Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Problem was SF couldn't block Jones. He was the difference maker, took 2 likely SF TD's off the board with pressure. Brock played well enough to win, but they just had a few too many things go against them last night.
Yeah, if his line gave him as much time as Mahomes the 49ers are champions today. I think it's obvious at this point you can't just play "great" and beat Mahomes in the playoffs, you have to be exceptional.