Official UT postgame thread

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I didn't expect to win this game, but man did it feel good to be here with a chance in mid November. That said, I promised myself I would not get worked up over ISU football until we made it. We're (unbelievably) ahead of schedule, but we're not there yet.
Yep, it hurts, it was definitely a missed opportunity since we'll lose Butler after the season. But we took the next step. Hopefully another year of O-Line development will put us in position to go to the CCG next year.

Edit: also, the premature Official Gameday Thread that was created last night at 11:45 needs to take its fair share of the blame. Gather ye torches and pitchforks and let's march to the lair of @Rockymtcy!!

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Boy, I hope Purdy is okay. Our O line really struggles when the defense doesn’t have to respect the quarterback’s feet.
yep. Do not understand why all the plays are designed to roll out to the left. Impossible for most QB's to throw going to their left. Yep, Montgomery's not playing changed the whole perspective of the game.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I had a bad feeling going in - I felt like our D got pushed around too much by Baylor and Kansas and struggled to get three-and-outs.

Our O-line may have gotten a bit better but are average - at best - in P5 conference.

Purdy was bound to have a freshman game, especially when facing so much pressure.

Overall, this is a young team. They were good enough to raise our expectations but not quite up there with the programs that routinely bring in 4 and 5-star recruits.

It's been fun to be mentioned with the big boys. Let's hope for a win against KSU - really, it has to happen at some point, doesn't it? - a win against UIW and a fun bowl game.