Official UT postgame thread

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Joking aside we had to play a nearly perfect game to win in Austin and tonight wasn't anywhere near perfect. I'm happy with the progress we are making. Our time will come.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Penguin

Aug 13, 2017
Ames
Disappointing to say the least. Texas gave up almost 600 yards against Tech. We scored 10 points. 10. Defense did its part.

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
Aaaaaaaand we get to freeze our nuts off in 2 weeks at JTS as we pound Incarnate Word. I'll have to make sure to "pack the Jack" or some other warming beverage for that one.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Outcoached pretty thoroughly. Texas QB’s we’re ready to attack the blitz and our offense looked completely unprepared for any blitz.

Also the Montgomery suspension was underplayed by the media all week, he covers for a **** o line week in and week out.

Burn the tapes and refocus for k state. Time to put Dracula down once and for all.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Just really surprising by the lack of imagination on offense. Yea the O-Line was bad, but its the same line that won the last 5 games and Texas is not a good defense statistically. Tackling was very poor, and unfortunately kind of saw that defensive effort coming after the 2nd half last week against a poor mans Texas.

Hopefully Purdy is healthy enough to play next week. Everyone get to that game because we owe K-State so so much.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I didn’t see the game. The only thing I can say is we’ve had an above average Oline once or twice in the last 20 years. If this ever happens, we will have a chance to be a top ten / CCG team.

• Agree
Reactions: JRE1975

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This staff will get Purdy killed. Mark it down. And yes I've been saying it while we've been winning all these games too. He's getting drilled every game.

• Informative
Reactions: SCarolinaCy

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Yep, it hurts, it was definitely a missed opportunity since we'll lose Butler after the season. But we took the next step. Hopefully another year of O-Line development will put us in position to go to the CCG next year.

Edit: also, the premature Official Gameday Thread that was created last night at 11:45 needs to take its fair share of the blame. Gather ye torches and pitchforks and let's march to the lair of @Rockymtcy!!
I wanted to do a recruiting feature on the OL, but then I had a kid. I'll get to it one of these days, love where we're headed, most important position group and takes the longest to develop.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron