Paging 33...

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
I'm terrified to see defections...this could hurt like hell if Darks, S. Johnson, L. Johnson, B. Williams (which would be stupid since he doesn't have a year to burn), and some of our current recruits leave.

And don't forget that we've now got two screwed up recruiting seasons in a 4 year span. That will be very tough to overcome - especially if we get some player defections. :no:

Reactions: IcSyU

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I feel bad for the kids that came here to play for him. I am guessing they didn't have to many other reasons to come to Ames. I also feel bad for the coaches he hired and had move here with him. They finally start to get established with their families and now what do they do?

They came here to play for ISU as well. And they came here for all the other reasons you come to play for a university. We have playing time available. We are in the Big XII. And we need talented young players more than a lot of other teams need them.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I feel bad for the kids that came here to play for him. I am guessing they didn't have to many other reasons to come to Ames. I also feel bad for the coaches he hired and had move here with him. They finally start to get established with their families and now what do they do?

I agree. The people who this personally affects have got to be reeling from the betrayal. In the end, we're just frustrated fans.

I do trust in Pollard. I feel good knowing that he is in charge of this coaching search. I was very impressed with the search he put on 2 years ago even with hindsight 20/20. Like the rest of us, he assumed if Gene were moving up the coaching chain, it would be on the heels of success here, and that would have been just fine.

It's really just a strange situation and a bit of a head-scratching hire for Auburn. Nobody that I know predicted this, even after Tuberville resigned.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I don't think Williams transfers. He's set down roots here raising siblings, he's already transferred, etc. S. Johnson is #1 on my most likely to transfer list. Followed by Leonard, then Darks, then Robinson.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
according to Paul Clark on CR auburn has "unburdened Iowa State of its most unprepared, overmatched and incompetent head coach of the modern era."

harsh words but i gotta agree

I wouldn't have said it while he was our coach, but I agree as well. A LOT of us questioned CHIZIK's decision-making from the get go when he brought in McFarland and Bolt as his coordinators. Nothing transpired after that to give me confidence that Chizik was the right guy. What in the heck is Auburn thinking?

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006

Two things...

The LOI wording clearly informs the player that they are signing with the school...not the coach.

Guys in the coaching profession (and their families) know what comes with the profession...they are used to frequently relocating.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I'm terrified to see defections...this could hurt like hell if Darks, S. Johnson, L. Johnson, B. Williams (which would be stupid since he doesn't have a year to burn), and some of our current recruits leave.

First of all...NOTHING in this situation terrifies me. Get a grip!

Secondly, I hope our new coach is smarter than our current MBB coach and works hard to do what it takes to retain the existing players on the team.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I would be surprised if he followed Chizik, I however would not be surprised if he transferred. I won't be shocked if anyone transfers.
He was a Mac recruit if memory serves me correct. So I don't know why he would want to follow Jean Chizseck

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Well, for those of us who are younger and have more time on our hands...

Darks just put a video up on Facebook talking about Chizik (like 15 minutes ago) and at the end, he puts on a Michigan State jersey.

I just got curious about who might be leaving and thought I'd check and see what they had to say.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Well, for those of us who are younger and have more time on our hands...

Darks just put a video up on Facebook talking about Chizik (like 15 minutes ago) and at the end, he puts on a Michigan State jersey.

I just got curious about who might be leaving and thought I'd check and see what they had to say.
Not good.