Paging 33...

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
does not relate to chizzlestick,but i have some good news. our cutting pony,LETS DUAL,won the reserve grand championship at the national cutting horse futurity last night. i guess he is a cyclone pony!!!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Well, for those of us who are younger and have more time on our hands...

Darks just put a video up on Facebook talking about Chizik (like 15 minutes ago) and at the end, he puts on a Michigan State jersey.

I just got curious about who might be leaving and thought I'd check and see what they had to say.

I'm watching it right now...and Jerrod Black is in the background.

I don't understand half of what Darks is saying :confused:

Darks = gone to Michigan State

Said something about all you Cyclone Fanatics watching this wondering where I'm going...

Last edited:

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
does not relate to chizzlestick,but i have some good news. our cutting pony,LETS DUAL,won the reserve grand championship at the national cutting horse futurity last night. i guess he is a cyclone pony!!!
What on earth does that mean? lol

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Well, for those of us who are younger and have more time on our hands...

Darks just put a video up on Facebook talking about Chizik (like 15 minutes ago) and at the end, he puts on a Michigan State jersey.

I just got curious about who might be leaving and thought I'd check and see what they had to say.

:no:
That video was very disturbing to watch.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I would be surprised if he followed Chizik, I however would not be surprised if he transferred. I won't be shocked if anyone transfers.

We fired McCarney and only one player left (McKenzie). This time Chizik left ISU so we shouldn't see many (if any) transfers. Our players came to ISU for playing time and nothing has changed that. The players had to be disappointed with 2-10, and now they have the excitement of a new coach coming in.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
I agree. The people who this personally affects have got to be reeling from the betrayal. In the end, we're just frustrated fans.

I do trust in Pollard. I feel good knowing that he is in charge of this coaching search. I was very impressed with the search he put on 2 years ago even with hindsight 20/20. Like the rest of us, he assumed if Gene were moving up the coaching chain, it would be on the heels of success here, and that would have been just fine.

It's really just a strange situation and a bit of a head-scratching hire for Auburn. Nobody that I know predicted this, even after Tuberville resigned.

Please tell me you're kidding when you say you trust in Pollard. The programs that actually bring in revenue are pretty much in shambles right now and have taken giant steps back since he got here.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
according to Paul Clark on CR auburn has "unburdened Iowa State of its most unprepared, overmatched and incompetent head coach of the modern era."

harsh words but i gotta agree

Yep. Best quote on this so far. Just spoke to my Dad and we were both elated. What did we have to look forward to next fall? GC knew we sucked at DT and safety. He knew it heading into the season and did nothing about it. Getting play calls in was horrible all season, not to mention red-zone execution. GC called the same defenses he would have at Texas, too bad we didn't have the talent to get away with it.

I saw very little creativity out of GC, and his gameday adjustments were horrible. I can't believe Auburn did us such a huge favor. For a top 25 program to help us in this way is awesome!

I am going drinking tonight, head cold or not, woot!

Reactions: zach

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
The link doesn't do much if you aren't one of his "friends".
Worked fine for me. He talked about people calling to see what he was going to do and about how Gene sat on his family's couch and told them he would take care of Darius at ISU. Then something about lying white people and Gene. Then he talked about how he had to do what he had to do and wanting to get to the NFL. Then he said he was making the video to answer peoples question and he put on a Michigan State jersey.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Please tell me you're kidding when you say you trust in Pollard. The programs that actually bring in revenue are pretty much in shambles right now and have taken giant steps back since he got here.

Who do you want ISU to hire now? Let's say that JP pulls the trigger on your guy. How would you feel about him then?

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
The link doesn't do much if you aren't one of his "friends".

Not true if you sign up for the Des Moines network. I just saw it and I'm not one of his friends.

Basically he called Chizik a liar and then said he's going to Michigan State.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Yep. Best quote on this so far. Just spoke to my Dad and we were both elated. What did we have to look forward to next fall? GC knew we sucked at DT and safety. He knew it heading into the season and did nothing about it. Getting play calls in was horrible all season, not to mention red-zone execution. GC called the same defenses he would have at Texas, too bad we didn't have the talent to get away with it.

I saw very little creativity out of GC, and his gameday adjustments were horrible. I can't believe Auburn did us such a huge favor. For a top 25 program to help us in this way is awesome!

I am going drinking tonight, head cold or not, woot!

This is funny and appreciated...I must agree I kind of see it that way too. Nice post for me!

Z

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Worked fine for me. He talked about people calling to see what he was going to do and about how Gene sat on his family's couch and told them he would take care of Darius at ISU. Then something about lying white people and Gene. Then he talked about how he had to do what he had to do and wanting to get to the NFL. Then he said he was making the video to answer peoples question and he put on a Michigan State jersey.

One question...why would he have a Michigan State jersey on hand with such short notice?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
if any players read this site, i strongly advise them to stick around until we find out who the new coach is... i mean seriously you dont bail out on your fans who support the players 100% without even giving the new coach a chance to sit down and talk to you

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It's not cool or good that Chizik left, but could it really get any worse? ISU went 5-19 over the last two years? It's hard to believe things could get worse, things can only get better I think. Hopefully we don't lose too many players.