Players staying and leaving for 21-22 season

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Kolar wouldn’t be higher than 4th TE chosen if he goes this year. Best case scenario.

i want to see him return and get another year under Dave Andrews and see if that can help him out.

you might be surprised...Kolar has good hands..good route runner...avg Blocker and not best speed..

Hes not a top 3 TE this year in the draft IMO.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I've been told Charlie is gone unless he hears really, really bad news from his conversations this next week with CMC and his potential agents

Hearing Lawrence White is 50/50 to return.

Jaquon and Josh Bailey are something to watch. No one knows what they want to do
I’d love to see White back to mentor the young safeties again. Eisworth got most of the accolades back there but IMO White was his equal in the run fame and slightly better in coverage.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
you might be surprised...Kolar has good hands..good route runner...avg Blocker and not best speed..

Hes not a top 3 TE this year in the draft IMO.
I’d guess a 2nd to 4th round pick. 2nd round could be a stretch, but his production was 2nd to Pitts out of te’s draft eligible. He has the character, smarts, route running, size, and hands to be a good NFL tight end.

Reactions: isutrevman

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I know the NCAA is allowing anyone to come back that wants to, but I haven't heard details regarding the scholarship situation. If several seniors come back that would have otherwise exhausted their eligibility and a full class of true freshmen are coming in, there won't be enough scholarships to go around (unless there are expanded scholarship numbers, but eventually that will have to come to a head).

Anybody who understands this that can help clarify for me?

Thanks in advance!

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Kolar has nothing to gain by staying. Even if he ends up going in like the 5th round, that’s still a ton of money.

Hakeem Butler has gotten cut twice and hasn’t played a down in the NFL as a 4th round pick, but he still has career earnings over $1.4 million. Kolar needs to go now. Staying is almost irresponsible.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I've been told Charlie is gone unless he hears really, really bad news from his conversations this next week with CMC and his potential agents

Hearing Lawrence White is 50/50 to return.

Jaquon and Josh Bailey are something to watch. No one knows what they want to do

lawrence white coming back would be huge, great player

doesn’t Joquon get an nfl shot? He’s a total beast and he got double teamed all year.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I know the NCAA is allowing anyone to come back that wants to, but I haven't heard details regarding the scholarship situation. If several seniors come back that would have otherwise exhausted their eligibility and a full class of true freshmen are coming in, there won't be enough scholarships to go around (unless there are expanded scholarship numbers, but eventually that will have to come to a head).

Anybody who understands this that can help clarify for me?

Thanks in advance!

The Scholarship limit next year will be increased by the number of seniors that have exhausted their eligibility that return for the additional year. The only issue is that the AD has to write a check to the University to cover the tuition and what not. I'm sure Jamie will happily do so, but I have a feeling that fringe guys who want to come back (not necessarily on ISU) will be politely said their time is done.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Love Hutchinson, but Hakeem Butler would like to have a word....
Good point, although I feel like kind of apples and oranges. Hakeem seemed like he caught jump balls and then the defensive guys couldn’t wrestle him down. Hutchison seems to catch more true routes and then runs through tackles at speed.

either way both are damn good after the catch.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Good point, although I feel like kind of apples and oranges. Hakeem seemed like he caught jump balls and then the defensive guys couldn’t wrestle him down. Hutchison seems to catch more true routes and then runs through tackles at speed.

either way both are damn good after the catch.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Blythe was underrated after the catch. Similar to Butler in that he used his size to drag piles for 6-10 more yards.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
It'd be really nice to hear about some guys on the DL and Hummel, White would be next on my list.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
The Scholarship limit next year will be increased by the number of seniors that have exhausted their eligibility that return for the additional year. The only issue is that the AD has to write a check to the University to cover the tuition and what not. I'm sure Jamie will happily do so, but I have a feeling that fringe guys who want to come back (not necessarily on ISU) will be politely said their time is done.
I think the decision is a one-way street. If the player wants to come back, he can.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I think the decision is a one-way street. If the player wants to come back, he can.
The school has the final say. NCAA approves any situation where a player wants to come back for an extra year and the school agrees. Returning seniors do not count against the 85 scholarship limit. All other do count.