Report: OU & Texas reach out to join SEC

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com

“Iowa State doesn’t have a brand and brings nothing.”

(Iowa State Football is the only sport and program highlighted in Disney’s commercial targeting streaming)

Also funny it’s a clip of us beating Texas. It’s towards the end of the video FWIW.

Dave Bautista - Cyclone fan.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Being realistic doesn't seem like shitting on ISU at all.

One Fiesta Bowl. 9-3 with a loss to Louisiana. That is the top of the resume. Good fans, maybe great. KU had a 12-1 season and they are the worst program out there.

The guy across the office from me can tell me the starting O-line for any Wisconsin Badger team since 2000 and had to ask if Iowa State was in Ames. I don't think that the people who say that some posters on here overvalue ISU are off at all.
A. I don't dispute any of your comments.

B. Making a reasoned case for the possibility of, or potential for, a move to Conference "X" isn't delusion. It is possible...however unlikely.

C. If there's a raft of people here saying we'll sail into the B1G I've not seen them. In fact I've not seen one.

Reactions: Macloney

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

“Iowa State doesn’t have a brand and brings nothing.”

(Iowa State Football is the only sport and program highlighted in Disney’s commercial targeting streaming)

Also funny it’s a clip of us beating Texas. It’s towards the end of the video FWIW.

I know they’ve been irrelevant for most of the past two decades, but I think the Baltimore Orioles are still a sports team.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Sounds like he’s just a Wisconsin fan and not a college football fan.

I hear that argument all the time and you are right, but I think that they make up the majority of fans. I watch every ISU game and any other Big 12 game if I have time. I will watch some Thursday night MAC games if nothing is on and have a random game on if I'm home and my wife isn't watching something else.

How many people can name any player besides Trevor Lawrence on last year's Clemson team? Not very many. How many people care? Less.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I hear that argument all the time and you are right, but I think that they make up the majority of fans. I watch every ISU game and any other Big 12 game if I have time. I will watch some Thursday night MAC games if nothing is on and have a random game on if I'm home and my wife isn't watching something else.

How many people can name any player besides Trevor Lawrence on last year's Clemson team?
Not very many. How many people care? Less.
Well I’m a nerd, so quite a bit lol

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I spend 6 months of the year in Florida. My observation is the people who don't know the difference between Iowa and Iowa State (btw - most do) are the same ones that think Iowa, Indiana, and Idaho are the same place.

He knows the difference between the teams and knows the conferences, but it was a real pull to think of the town of Ames.

Why would even a big college football fan know much about Iowa State before the last 2 years? You would know what conference they are in and that they haven't been historically good.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Reddit comments regarding this cease and desist. Didn't ESPN do this same thing to the Big East? As in work behind the scene to break up the conference

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
A. I don't dispute any of your comments.

B. Making a reasoned case for the possibility of, or potential for, a move to Conference "X" isn't delusion. It is possible...however unlikely.

C. If there's a raft of people here saying we'll sail into the B1G I've not seen them. In fact I've not seen one.

Disagree with your last statement, but otherwise a well stated response.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He knows the difference between the teams and knows the conferences, but it was a real pull to think of the town of Ames.

Why would even a big college football fan know much about Iowa State before the last 2 years? You would know what conference they are in and that they haven't been historically good.
Trivia and NCAA Football video games

Reactions: Macloney

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

How many people can name any player besides Trevor Lawrence on last year's Clemson team? Not very many. How many people care? Less.
I think there’s a difference between that and knowing where colleges are or even mascots of the college. I don’t need to know a single player on the team to know that Purdue is in West Lafayette.