Scheelhaase to Rams

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Then maybe say that instead of implying it was well known on here. Most of us aren’t following Illinois news.

Also dont act like you Superfanatics dont feel somewhat like an "Insider".

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Not sure if serious. Have you been paying attention to what’s going on with the CFB coaching exodus?
I don’t see any red flags about a coach leaving for a better job to pursue their larger career goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Flynn4Heisman

Mar 24, 2006
I'm biased, but wasn't Flynn the OC at Grand View during their dynasty before he went back home to Texas to be the head man at a high school?

I'm also joking (mostly).

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
CW is too busy with the BB season and Blum is too busy counting We Will $$$ to catch this. They should have had, at the very least, heard rumors about it.
Just jumping in here to say this is tough to read. I’m not sure if you’re serious, but we’re doing the best we can, but we don’t get looped into everything (and I wish I was counting more money :) . Happy for Nate. He’s one of the great ones. Still excited for the quality of people in the program.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Just jumping in here to say this is tough to read. I’m not sure if you’re serious, but we’re doing the best we can, but we don’t get looped into everything (and I wish I was counting more money :) . Happy for Nate. He’s one of the great ones. Still excited for the quality of people in the program.
It was in jest. I should have put the jimlad emoji. But yeah, more money would be good. :)

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Campbell will not hire someone he hasn’t coached with or doesn’t know. It’ll be someone from within or from old Toledo staff I’m assuming

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Campbell will not hire someone he hasn’t coached with or doesn’t know. It’ll be someone from within or from old Toledo staff I’m assuming
ISU needs to reset and bring in an experienced play caller like Brian Ferentz

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We just can't have nice things, cannot blame him, its great for his career and now we need to reload and start over.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
It's a stretch. But he's had a ton of success at Toledo and no serious interest as P5 HC. Sure he could stay at Toledo and hope it happens.

Or he could take same money at ISU and be Big12 OC. If ISU's offense thrives under his leadership, maybe an ACC or Big12 school comes calling. The other thing, the dynamic of college football could be changing with the 12 team playoff. Will G5 schools continue to get CFP money or will they be left out? The HC funnel could also be streamlined- G5 HC => ACC/Big12 HC => Big10/SEC HC.
I’m just not seeing Candle as an option. It is not the same money. His base is $1.1 Million. When it’s all said and done he’s making around $2 Million/ year with bonuses and incentives.

He 100% interviewed…or should I say had discussions with Ohio State. That is a $2 Million/ year OC job.

I could see maybe Mike Hallett , Toledo Co-OC.
He’s a Mt. Union guy and went to Toledo to coach under Candle after CMC left.

CDN_Tailgater

Apr 11, 2006
Out of curiosity, I dont think this move was about money but what were we paying Nate ? and how much does a passing game coordinator really make in the NFL ?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Out of curiosity, I dont think this move was about money but what were we paying Nate ? and how much does a passing game coordinator really make in the NFL ?
Usually the passing game and running game coordinaters are also position coaches, like QB’s and RB’s coaches for example.