Somebody needs to break into Walmart and Steal the Damn Surveillance Footage

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
A little trivia for you. The Red Delicious variety was originally called the "Hawkeye" out of Peru, Iowa but was marketed as "Stark Delicious" by Stark Nurseries who bought it. They also bought a golden apple and named it "Golden Delicious". Eventually the Stark was dropped in favor of "Red".

Now think Hawkeye every time you bite into one.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he was thinking Hawkeye State, not Iowa Hawkeyes since it was 1892. Iowa started playing football in 1890 and there was no real consensus on a nickname for University of Iowa teams for several years with names like "Cornhusker" being thrown around. Cornhusker was eventually copied by Nebraska.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Hopefully they are prosecuting evenly. I mean they just happened to notice the 6' 7" Black Guy and watched a little closer. Opens them up to a lot of scrutiny as well.

Talen is 6'4". He'd be a Top Ten pick if he was 6'7".

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Who doesn't love a little fat Chris Pratt.

I read Nick Offerman's Paddle Your Own Canoe and he told some funny stories about how they'd give Pratt a bunch of candy before filming to get him into 'character'. You can totally tell now when watching reruns.

Reactions: VeloClone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Talen is 6'4". He'd be a Top Ten pick if he was 6'7".

So, so far we know of two tall Black guys getting charged. I suppose one could find out how many prosecutions this Wal Mart has been bringing. That doesn't mean anything on it's own but I would be curious.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If he had texted JP about his commitment, he'd have the character to avoid this shoe rack incident.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If college kids don't have shoes, they don't go after shoe racks in any way, shape, or form.
Huh?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
When you have 2 total items you don't forget to scan 1 item.

Definitely easy to forget something on the bottom of the cart when you have a cart full, obviously wasn't the case here.

Or he could have thought he scanned it but it didn’t “take”.