Tamin Lipsey Commits

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
Thigpen played over 30 games in both his junior and senior years and never had over 100 assists in either. So less than 4 a game. He was a 6-2 SG, which is great in college, but he needed to be more of a distributor to have an NBA future. He played some classics for Orr though.

Lipsey on the other hand looks to have PG skills and his shooting stroke looks good. I need to stop watching his film because my expectations just keep growing.
Favorite Thigpen moment: Minnesota - in their barn -- they lead with like 2 seconds and the ball under our hoop. All they need to do is inbound. But instead they throw the inbound pass against the glass (or the scoreboard -- can't remember for sure). We now have the ball. One pass tip to JT for the win. It was awesome.

nowncarolina

Oct 8, 2009
A few years ago we had Bruce Ellington at our high school. He was our qb.We won the 5A state football. He also started as our point guard. Bruce went to the Gamecocks for bb and started every game as a point guard his freshman and sophomore years. He missed football and joined the football team his junior year and started. He was drafted by the 49 ers. . Reading about Tamin reminded me of Bruce. Special athletes.

Reactions: t-noah

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Favorite Thigpen moment: Minnesota - in their barn -- they lead with like 2 seconds and the ball under our hoop. All they need to do is inbound. But instead they throw the inbound pass against the glass (or the scoreboard -- can't remember for sure). We now have the ball. One pass tip to JT for the win. It was awesome.
They threw it off the scoreboard. My thought was thank God it was in their place because if it was at Hilton there would have been a huge stink that we had the scoreboard too low.

I had it in my head that that was the Mike Taylor Minnesota game for some reason.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Today, there would be 1.7 on the clock after the foul instead of 0.2.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I know our current generation of fans wants to believe Hilton Magic still has that kind of energy. Even in our highest runs w/ Fred there wasn't much competing with that 80/90s level excitement. There was less going on. Less distraction. It was truly another level.

While I agree with you it does get a little old hearing this. One of my earliest sports memories is screaming "Sit Down Tubbs!" at an OU game.

It was great, it can be great again, I don't need all the qualifiers about how awesome it was back in the day. The Naz OSU games, the Iowa games of recent years, the OU comeback are all absolutely amazing sporting experiences.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
While I agree with you it does get a little old hearing this. One of my earliest sports memories is screaming "Sit Down Tubbs!" at an OU game.

It was great, it can be great again, I don't need all the qualifiers about how awesome it was back in the day. The Naz OSU games, the Iowa games of recent years, the OU comeback are all absolutely amazing sporting experiences.
Agree -- I've been in Hilton a lot. 1987 against Iowa and that old Okie State game (1992?). But I'll still take Hilton today. People who experience that for the first time always shake their heads in wonderment. (KU fans excepted).

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I think most people's first experience of a huge game sticks with them and becomes amplified in their memories, making it that much harder to top as the years go on. Mine was ISU/KU in 1987 (?) when we beat the eventual national champs. My friend and I were absolutely screaming at each other, and couldn't hear a sound over the crowd.

Reactions: t-noah