Tamin Lipsey Commits

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
They are not only basketball stars but great human beings who want to leave their legacy in the CyclONEnation and carry on the Cyclone tradition for the rest of their lives.
CyclONEnation !!! Seems very appropriate when culture building!

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I know our current generation of fans wants to believe Hilton Magic still has that kind of energy. Even in our highest runs w/ Fred there wasn't much competing with that 80/90s level excitement. There was less going on. Less distraction. It was truly another level.
Remember that the Pep Band was in the corner right by the visitors bench in the early days of Hilton Magic. There was no way the visiting team could communicate during timeouts when things were rocking. I'm sure we were the reason the B12 relocated the bands.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Remember that the Pep Band was in the corner right by the visitors bench in the early days of Hilton Magic. There was no way the visiting team could communicate during timeouts when things were rocking. I'm sure we were the reason the B12 relocated the bands.

My first year at Iowa State was Johnny's first season also. The band was actually by our bench until Johnny said WTF are you thinking! It was moved after that.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Haha! Those were both great. That game had several pretty amazing sequences in it. Another great moment was the Kane inbound play off off Woodbury's back and the aw shucks reaction after the and one. So great.
Ok, so where is it? Somebody plz post the Kane inbound off Woodbury's back already. All time great! :D

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Favorite Thigpen moment: Minnesota - in their barn -- they lead with like 2 seconds and the ball under our hoop. All they need to do is inbound. But instead they throw the inbound pass against the glass (or the scoreboard -- can't remember for sure). We now have the ball. One pass tip to JT for the win. It was awesome.
It hit the scoreboard hanging over the middle of the court. Was sitting behind Pete when it happened.
Also enjoyed Peterson hitting the winner against the rodents at Hilton. Falencheck actually helped win that game.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aclone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Favorite Thigpen moment: Minnesota - in their barn -- they lead with like 2 seconds and the ball under our hoop. All they need to do is inbound. But instead they throw the inbound pass against the glass (or the scoreboard -- can't remember for sure). We now have the ball. One pass tip to JT for the win. It was awesome.

Looks like it was tied?

Joe4Cy

Mar 5, 2010
Urbandale
www.comedyxp.tv
Agree -- I've been in Hilton a lot. 1987 against Iowa and that old Okie State game (1992?). But I'll still take Hilton today. People who experience that for the first time always shake their heads in wonderment. (KU fans excepted).

1992 sounds about right. 2nd row from the top. I brought my whole family: mom, dad, 2 younger brothers in high school. We stood the whole time; came home with a bruise on my back from the old man behind me hitting me with his cane to sit down. Sorry, guy, I want to see as well.

That has special memories for me - the only time I was able to bring Mom to an ISU game and it was one for the record books!

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and t-noah

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I was there too sitting next to an obnoxious OSU fan. I said "good game" after it was over. He just walked by with a scowl on his face.
My friends and I were about 4 rows up right behind the basket with the basket in line between us and Naz. Whether it was blind hope or not, after it left Naz's hand I said "it's in" and then when it goes in, pure chaos. One of my friends jumps in my arms and I somehow threw him? I don't think I could hear correctly for days after that. Just an amazing moment and experience to see first-hand.

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
1992 sounds about right. 2nd row from the top. I brought my whole family: mom, dad, 2 younger brothers in high school. We stood the whole time; came home with a bruise on my back from the old man behind me hitting me with his cane to sit down. Sorry, guy, I want to see as well.

That has special memories for me - the only time I was able to bring Mom to an ISU game and it was one for the record books!
Was back when student tickets rotated throughout Hilton so you had some games w great seats and others that sucked. I had 2nd or 3rd row behind the OSU bench for that game. Was absolutely unbelievable how loud it was.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I was there too sitting next to an obnoxious OSU fan. I said "good game" after it was over. He just walked by with a scowl on his face.
I’m probably biased but Johnny just killed it inbounding on the offensive end.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

Help Support Us

Become a patron