Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Mulkey coached this team like she hated them. Reminded of Larry at ISU in 2001
My wife and I were talking about that a couple weeks ago. I think she really struggles with Reese. When you look back at her run at Baylor she’s never had a player who’s had all of the on and off court drama. I imagine it wears on the team. HVL also looks miserable on that team.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Rousey did the majority of her damage on the ground. Once she got exposed as a “boxer” she was done.
I think most knew her stand-up game was nothing special, they just had to figure out a way to avoid being taken to the ground by RR's world-class judo skills. Once there was a blueprint for neutralizing that, she was done.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I don't think it's any secret that I am not a fan of the behavior of Clark OR Reese. That said, I am absolutely disgusted by the crap that is all over Twitter today.

"LSU hates America because they weren't out there for the National Anthem". Ummmm...that's actually pretty common if you watch a lot of basketball.,

And then there are the not so thinly veiled racist remarks: "cream rises to the top, sh** sinks to the bottom" and many others along the same vein.

It's just way too far over the top to me.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't think it's any secret that I am not a fan of the behavior of Clark OR Reese. That said, I am absolutely disgusted by the crap that is all over Twitter today.

"LSU hates America because they weren't out there for the National Anthem". Ummmm...that's actually pretty common if you watch a lot of basketball.,

And then there are the not so thinly veiled racist remarks: "cream rises to the top, sh** sinks to the bottom" and many others along the same vein.

Reason #3,245,988 to avoid social media.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I finally had to unfollow him after the post about the Colorado defender taking her mask off etc. It was super weird, along with how it appeared to be a constant posting need for clicks from CC goggle groupies
I went back through his feed but didn't find what you were talking about. Can you fill me in?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
This shot of HVL in the foreground right after CC nailed a 3 is classic.

GKIEWysWIAAbagu
Mulkey made a huge tactical error by not putting Flau’Jae on Clark the entire game. HVL was too small and slow and Poa was too slow as well. Mulkey has to be regretting that. Just don’t understand what she was thinking because Clark roasted HVL last year too.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Iowa State men are never out for the national anthem.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Mulkey made a huge tactical error by not putting Flau’Jae on Clark the entire game. HVL was too small and slow and Poa was too slow as well. Mulkey has to be regretting that. Just don’t understand what she was thinking because Clark roasted HVL last year too.

Mulkey strikes me as the person who would have have an all-star showdown than doing something practical.

Only caught a glimpse of the game last night (looked entertaining but not in the toxic way that I figured it would go) but have seen LSU a couple of times and I would not describe them as well coached or fundamentally sound/urgent in how they played.

It appears the quick-fix transfer situation backfired here.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Such a slobber fest for Clark and the Hoks on social media and sports talk radio and TV after last night. Even pro athletes and celebrities who have probably never watched a woman’s game are slobbering all over her and the Hoks. David Portnoy embarrassed himself with all his love for her. Go rate a pizza!

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Mulkey strikes me as the person who would have have an all-star showdown than doing something practical.

Only caught a glimpse of the game last night (looked entertaining but not in the toxic way that I figured it would go) but have seen LSU a couple of times and I would not describe them as well coached or fundamentally sound/urgent in how they played.

It appears the quick-fix transfer situation backfired here.
HVL was just never a good fit for what LSU needed and wants to do. Be interesting what she decides to do next year. I think she get in the portal again to be a shooting guard for a decent team. Basically what she had at Louisville.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My wife and I were talking about that a couple weeks ago. I think she really struggles with Reese. When you look back at her run at Baylor she’s never had a player who’s had all of the on and off court drama. I imagine it wears on the team. HVL also looks miserable on that team.

Doing the NIL/portal thing when you’re already a star or featured player for a winning p6 team has not been a slam dunk win. It’s a risk if pro career is more important than 2-3 years college salary.

I look at the kid we’re trying to get from CU mbb. There’s little downside/risk for ISU but he’s already scoring 11ppg for another Sweet 16 big 12 team.

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
She's not an athletic freak. She's athletic, extremely competitive, and has elite skill and bball IQ. But not a freak athletically. She's not much of a defender and jumps about as high as I do. Doesn't mean she isn't an incredible women's basketball player. She was awesome tonight.
Well said. She's Steph Curry essentially. Next level skill and shooting ability to go along with elite Basketball IQ but relatively average athletically.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Iowa fans on their boards genuinely think they only got matched up against LSU because the selection committee is “racist against white people”. It’s insane.

• Dumb
Reactions: 7Got6