Top Tailgating Brackets on ESPN page 2

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Wow...a stripper pole. Really? Nobody will call us redneck hicks for that. The only thing that could be worse is to follow up a picture like that with a dude chugging Jager out of the bottle...oh wait.

It's called the student lot. Acting out (in a semi-responsible manner) is what being a college student is all about. I still enjoy it as a (somewhat) recent graduate. I think Al's pic is a good reperesentation of the student lot atmosphere.
If you want little kids and nice RVs, go to the donor lots. Still very respectable tailgating, but the real stuff happens in the student lots.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Cyclonedave25, those pics are AWESOME! I don't know how any objective observer could not look at those and think it was amazing. I will be repping you now.
Thanks!
I also love the stripper pole picture. :biglaugh:
Do you tailgate with them? Or just find that picture?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Thanks!
I also love the stripper pole picture. :biglaugh:
Do you tailgate with them? Or just find that picture?

The people who own the pole just happened to be next to us, but the guy in the chair is a good friend of mine (and one of our regular tailgaters) and the girl is a cousin of another friend of ours. Our neighbors were cool with us just partying around it too.

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
I'm not sure what is redneck hick about that all. If by "redneck hicks" you meant "completely awesome" than we're on the same page.

Would like us to photoshop a picture of people dressed up in khakis and polo shirts like down south? That isn't ISU tailgating...

Yep, when I said "redneck hick" it had everything to do with the clothing that people were wearing in that photo and nothing to do with a homemade stripper pole made from pipe. If everyone were wearing khakis and a polo that photo would be awesomeness reincarnated. :jimlad:

That being said, Al_4_State would you tell CPR that his gameday outfit is terrible. :jimlad:

LWRHAQPYGRFVQGZ.20090413201514.jpg

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
It's called the student lot. Acting out (in a semi-responsible manner) is what being a college student is all about. I still enjoy it as a (somewhat) recent graduate. I think Al's pic is a good reperesentation of the student lot atmosphere.
If you want little kids and nice RVs, go to the donor lots. Still very respectable tailgating, but the real stuff happens in the student lots.

Hmm...I must have missed that part of the student lot. And to think that the whole time I thought tailgating was all about, grilling, drinking, playing football and loud music. I can't believe I missed seeing my friends cousin on a stripper pole (which doesn't make this any more redneck what so ever).

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
CPR is the coach. Not a tailgater. It's a different standard of dress. I guess I didn't find the style of dress of the people in those pictures to be that redneck-ish. It's possible that we are just that redneck to the rest of the country that I can't see the difference. If so, that's the way it is and we can't really change that, so why worry.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hmm...I must have missed that part of the student lot. And to think that the whole time I thought tailgating was all about, grilling, drinking, playing football and loud music. I can't believe I missed seeing my friends cousin on a stripper pole (which doesn't make this any more redneck what so ever).
I love the stripper pole. Its unique and not something you see in every student lot. It separates us from the others.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
So finding out your "friend's cousin" pole dances at tailgates via a picture posted on ESPN makes us redneck? :confused::confused:

I guess I'm not following the logic there...

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
CPR is the coach. Not a tailgater. It's a different standard of dress. I guess I didn't find the style of dress of the people in those pictures to be that redneck-ish. It's possible that we are just that redneck to the rest of the country that I can't see the difference. If so, that's the way it is and we can't really change that, so why worry.

I'm not sure how you thought that I was referring to the clothing in the picture but I'll spell it out in simple terms (even though if you read my post it is pretty clear).

Friend's cousin on stripper pole at a tailgate = redneck

(especially if the friend who's cousin is on the stage is the one sitting in the chair with a single in his hand)

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
buzzkill.jpg

Reactions: tim_redd

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

high-horse.jpg

Do you need help with that ladder?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm not sure how you thought that I was referring to the clothing in the picture but I'll spell it out in simple terms (even though if you read my post it is pretty clear).

(especially if the friend who's cousin is on the stage is the one sitting in the chair with a single in his hand)

How can you tell it's "friend's cousin"? Also, it's not the cousin of the guy in the chair. That would be completely redneck. I guess you find a stripper pole at a tailgate redneck. I don't. Agree to disagree?

Last edited:

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM

j112381 I realize you're just replying at this point to try and dig yourself out of this hole you dug, but this comment doesn't make any sense...

... if it was your own cousin on a stripper pole, then we might give the redneck reference to you

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

How can you tell it's "friend's cousin", and it's not the cousin of the guy in the chair. That would be completely redneck. I guess you find a stripper pole at a tailgate redneck. I don't. Agree to disagree?

The general population who see that picture will not assume that the people in it are related.
You might be able to say that a stipper pole is not that classy, but redneck applies more to the following:
Dirty
Mullets (not for comedic value)
Toothless and drinking Jack Daniels from the bottle
Majority of hardcore NASCAR fans

I don't think 20 something kids wearing T-shirts and having semi-innocent fun on a ironically unclassy stripper pole classifies as redneck. But I guess we don't have your sophistication.

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
I'll agree to disagree. I don't care that you made a stripper pole. Do I think it's tacky? Yes. Mainly I think that having that picture on ESPN as a representation of all ISU tailgating makes us look like rednecks. Why everyone is referring to the clothing in the picture is beyond me. I never said that anyone was dressed like a redneck. I wear t-shirts and jeans to every game.

"...drinking Jack Daniels from the bottle" - cyhiphopp
"chugging Jager from a bottle" - Me
Is there really a difference?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I think you all need to shut your mouths. I'll fight everyone in here. I'm tuff as rain.