Vaccine reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Well here is something, already a month old, but high up in the google responses lol.
<https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.16.21253767v1>

"The Elderly had a 95% lower death rate from December to March; however, and no change in the death rate in other age groups. The Hospitalization rate was reduced by 80% in this study cohort for people aged 80 or older, while people who were between 50 to 70 had almost the same hospitalization rate. "

Without digging deeper, that is all good news wrt "it works".
Look up Israel too for a real world example of effectiveness

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
I got my second Moderna shot yesterday at 10 am.

All good initially, went to bed at 10, woke up at midnight with the worst chills I've ever had. Literally bone chilling. Put on enough layers that it looked like I was going to shovel in minus degree weather.

Didn't sleep well and shivered all night. Today I'm not as cold, but extremely tired, which I think is more the bad nights sleep than a reaction.

Glad it happened midweek and I didn't waste a Saturday at least.

Yikes. Feel better soon fellow Clone.

Reactions: Peter

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I'll start a new thread that's fine. I'm not trying to troll though, just trying to find an explanation to a question no one has ever answered. Guess I wont find one here either.

It's fine. The entire pandemic management from day one to today outside of vaccine development leaves a lot to be desired. Nobody should take issue with questioning it, really.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I find this thread title to be ridiculous. A “bad” reaction as defined in this thread is actually a “good” reaction.

Way back in the day in basic animal science we learned that vaccines that didn't knock your animals on their heels for a couple days weren't worth a ****. You want your body to respond to the vaccine, that's the whole idea of it.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm curious how any boosters will work, or what we'll learn with a lot of vaccinated people.

One of the arguments for the annual flu shot is that even if you get the flu, it'll prevent you from becoming seriously ill. Will the same thing bear true for Covid?

I think the same thing is what we're basically doing now for Covid, and the results thus far are even better than what was assumed.

According to a report, Moderna's updated booster vs. one of the 'stronger' variants is showing good results thus far in tests. Best part about it is that it should also 'blanket' all others. I think further trials are needed and then it may get approved for fall if needed.

Saw a blurb that MRNA may be able to create a mix of Covid and Flu vaccine in one shot at some point. Also HIV and cancer in the mix.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's just too early to tell. By any standard, there isn't anyone who has had the shot more than about 6 months. The research shows they are holding immunity. But to go beyond that is pure speculation until we get some people out there and can challenge them with COVID and find out.

Most researchers believe that given the makeup of the virus, it is fairly easy to mutate and the normal evolutionary progression for coronaviruses as they mutate is to become more transmissible but less dangerous over time. This has already been recognized in the COVID variants most prevalent in the USA right now. So it is possible that in a few years, the need to vaccinate decreases as the virus weakens to what is essentially another common cold virus.

I have hope in the studies about the O.G. SARS still showing T-Cell responses in folks that recovered from that as of last year.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That’s the ideal situation.

Accrue PTO hours, but we aren’t super rigid on your day to day as long as you meet your deadlines and show up when you have to be there (meetings, etc).

Do you get paid out your accrued hours if you leave?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Thats nice. Good payday coming your way in the future.

Planning on burning through some this summer/fall. And hopefully for Dallas/New Orleans/playoffs :)

It was nice when I switched jobs a few years ago and had that payout when you’re in between paychecks from both places

Reactions: Peter

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I can't imagine getting a vaccine and doing so little research that I didn't know there was a small negative reaction possibility. That information has just been out there and is so easy to find. I got my vaccine, and I'm all for it but jeez, I did a little bit of reading on it first.

I just got my first Pfizer today and they told me all of these things might happen when I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.