Vegas Trip

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Definitely more than 10,000 Iowa state fans I’m thinking 15,000 ish not below that

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I thought 15,000 initially, but think it will be closer to 10-12,000.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
15k seems like a lot for a September weekend game. I'm guessing under 10k. And that is pretty incredible. Is there another fanbase that will have 10k at an opponent's venue this season?

There will over 10k and yes to the other fan base question.

Reactions: Scott34

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I really think we got the perfect storm for this to be 15k+, a lot of people didn't get to see any football in person last year, Vegas is a fun place to go to, its in a brand new stadium, and it basically has a bowl game feel to it. I am psyched to go
Easy drive up from Phoenix for my bae's (Carrie Purdy) family.

Reactions: dawgpound

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I see where ISU will only get 4000 tocket allotment. Would they eventually open more up if protocols are 100% atttendance by then? Or will we have to buy them off the secondary market?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I see where ISU will only get 4000 tocket allotment. Would they eventually open more up if protocols are 100% atttendance by then? Or will we have to buy them off the secondary market?

ISU can ask for more if they sell out of the 4,000 or UNLV can open them up from their ticket office.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

4,000 is about the standard allotment for visiting teams across college football.

CloneJob

Jan 10, 2009
Ankeny
Ticket sites like StubHub and others have very limited tickets starting in low $200s each for bad tickets. WIll that open up or just get worse?

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Ticket sites like StubHub and others have very limited tickets starting in low $200s each for bad tickets. WIll that open up or just get worse?

They will go down... You can buy season tickets for around $125 right now. Cheaper than the StubHub single game ticket..

Just making people nervous and then they’ll buy them.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
My wife and I just booked round trip flights from Des Moines to Salt Lake for $250 each. Then we'll drive a rental from Salt Lake to Vegas and back (6 hour drive each way).
FYI, you can also fly into St George, Utah. I had never heard of it but some friends got cheap flights into there.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that the key is whether they open up the upper level of the stadium. Supposedly, they usually don't do that for UNLV games. You'd think that they would want to just to cash in on ISU fans attending, but it does hurt their teams chances. And maybe they are waiting for the go-ahead from local authorities to no social distance.

I feel like ISU should be checking in on this and letting fans know. Because, if they only are letting the lower bowl fill, there are going to be a lot of fans that are upset.

Reactions: SoapyCy

tigercy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2020
Just and FYI that Venetian rooms rates fell recently. 120 on wed, 150 thus, and 330 ish for weekend. Pretty good deal for by far the best rooms in Vegas

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I think that the key is whether they open up the upper level of the stadium. Supposedly, they usually don't do that for UNLV games. You'd think that they would want to just to cash in on ISU fans attending, but it does hurt their teams chances. And maybe they are waiting for the go-ahead from local authorities to no social distance.

I feel like ISU should be checking in on this and letting fans know. Because, if they only are letting the lower bowl fill, there are going to be a lot of fans that are upset.
You think they're going to sell more than 27k tickets? There will be a large ISU crowd but not that large. And there are probably 5 UNLV fans.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
You think they're going to sell more than 27k tickets? There will be a large ISU crowd but not that large. And there are probably 5 UNLV fans.

How many tickets did ISU sell for the Alamo Bowl? I would be surprised if we don't travel better to the vegas game than we did for the Alamo Bowl.

There's a lot of things going on that will increase interest from ISU fans:
  1. Covid - everyone that has been limiting travel is itching to get out of town
  2. Fiesta bowl - no one got to go to this, so vegas might be sorta an ecore for this
  3. Planned bowl game - maybe I'm alone here, but I have difficulty traveling to bowl games because I can't plan in advance. I've got too much going on with family and holidays to quickly drop everything for a bowl game. I can plan the **** out of a trip to vegas months in advance - and yes, this game does have the appeal of a bowl game
  4. Vegas - not everyone loves it, but for some the destination alone is a reason to travel to the game
  5. Best ISU football team ever? and pretty much guaranteed win - if you've been a lifelong cyclone fan and traveled to some away games when we've had "good" teams, it's been a bitter experience (kansas 2005 comes to mind). This won't be that.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
How many tickets did ISU sell for the Alamo Bowl? I would be surprised if we don't travel better to the vegas game than we did for the Alamo Bowl.

There's a lot of things going on that will increase interest from ISU fans:
  1. Covid - everyone that has been limiting travel is itching to get out of town
  2. Fiesta bowl - no one got to go to this, so vegas might be sorta an ecore for this
  3. Planned bowl game - maybe I'm alone here, but I have difficulty traveling to bowl games because I can't plan in advance. I've got too much going on with family and holidays to quickly drop everything for a bowl game. I can plan the **** out of a trip to vegas months in advance - and yes, this game does have the appeal of a bowl game
  4. Vegas - not everyone loves it, but for some the destination alone is a reason to travel to the game
  5. Best ISU football team ever? and pretty much guaranteed win - if you've been a lifelong cyclone fan and traveled to some away games when we've had "good" teams, it's been a bitter experience (kansas 2005 comes to mind). This won't be that.
I agree with all of that. Just saying they will not sell > 27k tickets.

Reactions: I@ST1

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I agree with all of that. Just saying they will not sell > 27k tickets.
I think they would sell more than 25k tickets. Easy destination. Great team. People ready to get out of Iowa.

Hell, we're planning to go simply for the game because I don't have vacation built up.