Wanted Asst. Football Coach

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
The fact that it was posted to such a board tell me that a lower-level coach is leaving. If it was a high-level coach (such as, God forbid, defensive coordinator), the head coach usually hires those positions himself.

All those positions are still posted in the ISU job board as required by law of the State of Iowa.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
They canned their OL coach today too. Be interesting to see what happens to Manning.

Manning coached TEs and helped Ebron get selected to the pro bowl. His link to the Colts is the OC who interviewed for at least one NFL HC job, but he didn’t get it. I would be surprised if Manning leaves the Colts this year.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Manning coached TEs and helped Ebron get selected to the pro bowl. His link to the Colts is the OC who interviewed for at least one NFL HC job, but he didn’t get it. I would be surprised if Manning leaves the Colts this year.

Yeah, I meant it's going to be interesting to see if he gets promoted with the Colts.

Reich canned the OL coach because he was hired by Josh McDaniels before he bailed on the HC job and he wants his own guy as OL coach.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
The fact that it was posted to such a board tell me that a lower-level coach is leaving. If it was a high-level coach (such as, God forbid, defensive coordinator), the head coach usually hires those positions himself.

Lol what? The head coach hires every position himself.

They post every job on the job board, including any high level job, including coordinators and head coaching vacancies.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Since OC and O line coaches have been brought up, does anyone know if we are still using that outside service that is supposed to help train our O linemen on strength and technique,etc. Or was that just a one time deal that lasted a couple weeks and then you're on your own?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I wonder if they have to advertise a position before hiring him back?

That was my first thought but not necessarily tied to Manning. But maybe they are promoting someone like a GA to a paid position and they need to post it first for legal reasons.

I see companies all the time post a position when they already know they have to person to fill it internally.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Lol what? The head coach hires every position himself.

They post every job on the job board, including any high level job, including coordinators and head coaching vacancies.

Except the TOE. Barta hired Brian Freerents. Heck, since Kirk didn't even know where Brian lived in college, he probably didn't know that Brian applied for the OC job.

Last edited: