Way way WAY Too Early Depth Chart for 2022

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I would not mind seeing QB "pooch punts" when we have 4th downs between the opp. 40 and 50

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
Halfway through the season. Why not?
BOLD = True Freshman

QB - Hunter Dekkers, Aidan Bouman OR Rocco Becht
RB - Jirehl Brock OR Deon Silas OR Eli Sanders (Will be decided in camp)
WRX - Daniel Jackson, Darien Porter OR Greg Gaines
WRM - Jaylin Noel, Aidan Bitter OR Quaron Adams
WRZ - Sean Shaw, Ezeriah Anderson
TE - Easton Dean, DeShawn Hanika OR Tyler Moore OR Andrew Keller
F - Gabe Burkle OR Jared Rus
LT- Jarrod Hufford, Tyler Miller
LG- Trevor Downing, Hayden Pauls
C- Joey Ramos,
RG- Darrell Simmons, Deylin Hasert
RT- Jake Remsburg, Grant Treiber

DE - Corey Suttle, Johnny Wilson
DE - Blake Petersen, Jayden Gray OR R Mason Thomas
DT - JR Singleton, Isaiah Lee OR Tyler Onyedim
LB - Aric Horne, Carston Marshall
LB - Gerry Vaughn, Cole Pedersen
LB - Dae'Shawn Davis, Hunter Zenzen OR Jacob Imming
CB - Myles Purchase, Michal Antoine OR DJ Miller
CB - TJ Tampa, Tayvonn Kyle
S - Craig McDonald, Malik Verdon
Star* - Beau Freyler, Mason Chambers *Isheem Young may come back
S - Kym-mani King, Jordyn Morgan OR Jeremiah Cooper

Most look spot to me, except I have a hard time believing a true freshman will be on depth chart at O-line. Really hope we have some receivers step up next year at both TE and WR position.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Hard to disagree with much with what we don’t know about who could return.

My one hard disagree would be having a true freshman tackle listed as a second team guard. I’d be shocked if that is the case.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Chambers is falling out of vision, maybe Freyler is better but Chambers looked like pro last year when he got his shot.

Mar 21, 2021
Most look spot to me, except I have a hard time believing a true freshman will be on depth chart at O-line. Really hope we have some receivers step up next year at both TE and WR position.
If I recall correctly, some time ago CMC said something to the effect that Easton Dean may end up being the best TE to come out of ISU

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Halfway through the season. Why not?
BOLD = True Freshman

QB - Hunter Dekkers, Aidan Bouman OR Rocco Becht
RB - Jirehl Brock OR Deon Silas OR Eli Sanders (Will be decided in camp)
WRX - Daniel Jackson, Darien Porter OR Greg Gaines
WRM - Jaylin Noel, Aidan Bitter OR Quaron Adams
WRZ - Sean Shaw, Ezeriah Anderson
TE - Easton Dean, DeShawn Hanika OR Tyler Moore OR Andrew Keller
F - Gabe Burkle OR Jared Rus
LT- Jarrod Hufford, Tyler Miller
LG- Trevor Downing, Hayden Pauls
C- Joey Ramos,
RG- Darrell Simmons, Deylin Hasert
RT- Jake Remsburg, Grant Treiber

DE - Corey Suttle, Johnny Wilson
DE - Blake Petersen, Jayden Gray OR R Mason Thomas
DT - JR Singleton, Isaiah Lee OR Tyler Onyedim
LB - Aric Horne, Carston Marshall
LB - Gerry Vaughn, Cole Pedersen
LB - Dae'Shawn Davis, Hunter Zenzen OR Jacob Imming
CB - Myles Purchase, Michal Antoine OR DJ Miller
CB - TJ Tampa, Tayvonn Kyle
S - Craig McDonald, Malik Verdon
Star* - Beau Freyler, Mason Chambers *Isheem Young may come back
S - Kym-mani King, Jordyn Morgan OR Jeremiah Cooper

I don't see any way that some of these true freshmen make the depth chart, especially at positions where a year of development or more is typically needed. I'm talking specifically about guys like Burkle and Hasert. I think a guy like Zach Ross or Anthony Smith or Dodge Sauser would make the two deeps before Hasert would. And then it seems like every few years, we have a surprise walk-on who pushes for playing time. Last year it was Schweiger. A couple of years ago, it was Collin Olson. One year, it was Nick Fett. And there's no way Rus has an "or" beside his name and the name that follows that is Burkle. Just no way.

• Agree
Reactions: OnlyCyclones

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I don't see any way that some of these true freshmen make the depth chart, especially at positions where a year of development or more is typically needed. I'm talking specifically about guys like Burkle and Hasert. I think a guy like Zach Ross or Anthony Smith or Dodge Sauser would make the two deeps before Hasert would. And then it seems like every few years, we have a surprise walk-on who pushes for playing time. Last year it was Schweiger. A couple of years ago, it was Collin Olson. One year, it was Nick Fett. And there's no way Rus has an "or" beside his name and the name that follows that is Burkle. Just no way.
Last year, I told y'all Noel, Myles Purchase, Beau Freyler and Deon Silas were guys I thought could see the field early.

Noel was the leading receiver on Saturday. Beau Freyler is playing A LOT. Myles Purchase is getting run and we have seen Deon Silas in garbage time.

I'm not saying that these guys will get significant snaps, but there is a strong chance they make the depth chart.

Reactions: isutrevman

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
So who do we know will 100% be gone? Meaning they’re using their COVID year now. Is it mainly just Chase Allen and a couple others? Eisworth?

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
So who do we know will 100% be gone? Meaning they’re using their COVID year now. Is it mainly just Chase Allen and a couple others? Eisworth?
Adding on to this, who comes back will be huge. I see Zach Peterson (no redshirt, used his freshman year on special teams) and Darren Wilson (no redshirt and spent most of last year injured) as most likely to come back with outside shot at some guys who haven't played a ton like Tucker Robertson, Cordarrius Bailey, and Datrone Young. And please Andrew Mevis, I don't think we have anyone to replace him so someone must know something on that.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
I am not sold on Purdy being gone, I could see Zach Peterson, Derek Schweiger, O'Rein Vance and Colin Newel all back as super seniors. Maybe Anthony Johnson?
Yeah I think Purdy has high potential, but nfl doesn’t like QBs with questionable decision and ball handling. I could see a lot of super seniors as well but can’t count on it either

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Last year, I told y'all Noel, Myles Purchase, Beau Freyler and Deon Silas were guys I thought could see the field early.

Noel was the leading receiver on Saturday. Beau Freyler is playing A LOT. Myles Purchase is getting run and we have seen Deon Silas in garbage time.

I'm not saying that these guys will get significant snaps, but there is a strong chance they make the depth chart.

I know you got your finger on the pulse, but we're talking about two guys here that are at positions that generally require a year or more of development. Thinking back on past years, the only OL I can think of in recent years who played significant minutes or was even in the two-deeps as a true freshman was Aaron Brandt and at that, I think he was thrust in there too early because the other options were limited. I concede I may be missing someone, but he's the only one I can think of.