Star* - Beau Freyler, Mason Chambers
S - Malik Verdon, Blake Thompson, Trevon Howard

K - Tyler Bittman
P - Tyler Perkins

Last edited:

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
How is Aidan Bouman coming along??? I always thought he was a great prospect with good NFL pedigree.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I think you meant Tyler Moore @ TE.

Yeah, actually seems pretty clear-cut at this point based on which reserves are getting snaps right now. Makes you less worried about the future. You think Joe Scates is gonna continue to fall off the chart?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I think you meant Tyler Moore @ TE.

Yeah, actually seems pretty clear-cut at this point based on which reserves are getting snaps right now. Makes you less worried about the future. You think Joe Scates is gonna continue to fall off the chart?
Fixed!
I think there is a lot of the depth that needs to be cleared up. Need to get the running backs cookin' a little bit too.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
I think ISU will be in for some very big name transfers. Plus I think there will be some seniors returning next year to be super seniors with the "free" year last year.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Think the NFL guys are pretty well known at this point, but any chance Purdy gets poor NFL feedback, and decides to take a flyer on a super senior season? I've seen projections all over the board, this QB class is very poor (not sure theres a single can't miss guy)... but hard to envision him much more than mid/late round. I'm excited for Dekkers but was just unsure if anything had been said from that front.

We lose a ton on defense, but almost everyone has rotated pretty consistently (linebackers and dbacks especially)... really liked what I saw out of Suttle too in either the UNLV or KU game.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I think ISU will be in for some very big name transfers. Plus I think there will be some seniors returning next year to be super seniors with the "free" year last year.
Who do you think will return? I'll throw them in there if I agree.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Think the NFL guys are pretty well known at this point, but any chance Purdy gets poor NFL feedback, and decides to take a flyer on a super senior season? I've seen projections all over the board, this QB class is very poor (not sure theres a single can't miss guy)... but hard to envision him much more than mid/late round. I'm excited for Dekkers but was just unsure if anything had been said from that front.

We lose a ton on defense, but almost everyone has rotated pretty consistently (linebackers and dbacks especially)... really liked what I saw out of Suttle too in either the UNLV or KU game.
I think Purdy is for sure gone unless the end of the season is a total disaster and he wants to go out better.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That OL experience is looking incredibly helpful now when seeing every other position about to have a fresh face at the top of the depth chart.

One thing I love about CMC is that he gets guys reps before they really will be expected to contribute. It’s great to see names of guys and be like “oh he was in vs UNI” etc.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I think Purdy is for sure gone unless the end of the season is a total disaster and he wants to go out better.

Assumed as much, just some major surprises last year that chose to use it - wonder if we see that for the next four years or if it was just a one time thing.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
One thing I love about CMC is that he gets guys reps before they really will be expected to contribute. It’s great to see names of guys and be like “oh he was in vs UNI” etc.

No doubt. A lot of the names on the depth chart have already made huge plays for the team, and will start with a lot of experience already under their belts.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
I am not sold on Purdy being gone, I could see Zach Peterson, Derek Schweiger, O'Rein Vance and Colin Newel all back as super seniors. Maybe Anthony Johnson?