WBB: General Thread of Cyclones Women's Hoops 2021-2022 Season

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I would guess the WBB's water fun was at West Okoboji Lake. Why I believe this is because W.Okoboji is spring-fed and as such usually, even in the heat of late summer, and ag runoff, avoids getting that icky late summer bloom found in most Iowa waters. W. Okoboji is deep and with exceptional water quality not found elsewhere in the state.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything sad in that link you just posted.
This is not negative just sharing that it reveals only part of the story of how our team wins.

Overall., we are not anywhere near the top at #22. Certainly, we make a good deal of our 3 shots but shoot a lot of them. The sad part is Iowa is #1. Maybe presumptuous of me to say what this evokes for everyone.

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
2021-22 starters?
PG Emily
SG Lex
SF Maggie
PF Ashley
C Morgan and a rotation of the posts ?

Aubrey I'm sure will get plenty of minutes backing up all the guards

Maggie looks athletic

Denae I'm sure will get some minutes but we are stacked at guard!!

Idk much about all the new post gals but it's seems if we can get some solid minutes outta the group were gonna awesome

Thoughts?

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
2021-22 starters?
PG Emily
SG Lex
SF Maggie
PF Ashley
C Morgan and a rotation of the posts ?

Aubrey I'm sure will get plenty of minutes backing up all the guards

Maggie looks athletic

Denae I'm sure will get some minutes but we are stacked at guard!!

Idk much about all the new post gals but it's seems if we can get some solid minutes outta the group were gonna awesome

Thoughts?
The above 1-4 seem very likely. Aubrey and Denae should get plenty of opportunity backing up 1-3 and Nyamer backing up 3-4.

As for 5? Who knows who will start at this point, but with four people there we could see some two-post offenses. Probably not a lot while Ashley is on the court though since she does post up a lot.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
This is not negative just sharing that it reveals only part of the story of how our team wins.

Overall., we are not anywhere near the top at #22. Certainly, we make a good deal of our 3 shots but shoot a lot of them. The sad part is Iowa is #1. Maybe presumptuous of me to say what this evokes for everyone.

We were # 22 in percentage, and number three in made threes per game. I'll take the made threes per game any day over percentage.

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
I'm most excited how Aubrey plays she should get plenty of minutes. Just seeing how she progresses like her sister and I'm hoping Maggie ESM is healthy! Should be exciting to see how the freshmen look?

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
I also wonder how good will Ashley joens be next year? We have the pieces for a big 12 title? Baylor lost mulkey so their gonna be different! I feel Lex will bring her game to the next level and Emily is a great PG we have depth at guard and def some pieces at center

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I also wonder how good will Ashley joens be next year? We have the pieces for a big 12 title? Baylor lost mulkey so their gonna be different! I feel Lex will bring her game to the next level and Emily is a great PG we have depth at guard and def some pieces at center

I think Baylor will still be strong but experience some transition pains. UT will be challenging with Vic at the helm. I can see us ending up anywhere between 1 and 4.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
We will be a more diverse team this year. Roles will be more established and the new additions will add lots to our already solid depth. Just need a real post to emerge.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
We will be a more diverse team this year. Roles will be more established and the new additions will add lots to our already solid depth. Just need a real post to emerge.

I agree, I loved watching Kristen play but to me she was really a 4 and not a true post. If one (or two or three) of this years post players can step up and be strong on defense (and rebound and score) we will be a tough team to play against.

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
The progression for our big 3 should be fun to see! Hopefully Emily gets up a few more shots and scores a bit more! Lexi I'm sure will be improved hopefully 17 ppg or higher to give us a second big scoring threat! Ashley I'm sure will be the most dangerous player in the country as she can score in so many ways and no doubt her skill set will be even better!

I'm sure Aubrey will be improved as we know the work ethic of the Joens sisters!

I hope Maggie Epsenmiller McGraw can stay healthy that will be key for us and her development.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Their "parade wave" needs a little work but otherwise pretty cool. ;)

Hopefully we can maybe beat the Hawks at something later this semester since even the volleyball team is starting to auger in when playing CyHawk. :(