What do you think of Caitlin Clark?

What is your perspective about Caitlin Clark?

• Team Steph. I am at least somewhat supportive of her because she is so good for women's sports.

Votes: 128 33.7%
  • Team Alisa. I don't care about Caitlin Clark because she is a Hokeye.

Votes: 232 61.1%
  • Team Steph/Alisa. Please explain how you reconcile these two apparently mutually exclusive options.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
She is a great basketball player.

I don't care about some of her shooting celebrations but her constant whining and sometimes straight up yelling at the officials makes it hard for me to watch her and enjoy her....Hawkeye or not.

I get tired of people lecturing me that I should appreciate her because she is good for women's sports. I can recognize her talent but I am not going to stand back in awe because she is a Hawkeye just like I haven't for Cooper DeJean or Luka Garza. That doesn't make me anti-women's sports that just makes me anti-Hawkeye :)

I am so glad that Alisa brought up the Kim Mulkey argument. Kim Mulkey has done significantly more for WBB and nobody is on twitter lecturing us to watch her and be respectful of her or not make fun of her sideline antics.

Caitlin Clark is an amazing talent and she is drawing more viewers in our state...a lot who were probably already Hawkeye fans who never watched women's basketball before. Are those viewers now watching Aaliah Boston? I don't know......but please stop telling me that if I truly care about WBB I need to hop on the Caitlin Clark train.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
She is a fantastic ball player. Great scorer.
But, as a role model for young players, I find her actions on the court can be a problem. Young players should copy her work that got her to this point, not her actions on the court.

We see complaining to the refs way too often:
View attachment 110789

Her shrug is a sign of disrespect to her opponents. It’s like, "You can’t stop me":
View attachment 110790

This playing to the crowd is her way of saying, "Look at me! Aren’t I great":
View attachment 110791

I’m reminded of Walter Payton or Barry Sanders. They let their play speak for them. Respect the game you are playing. Respect the officials. Respect your opponents. Respect your teammates.
No one person is more important than the game.
This sums her up pretty well. Whiny entitlement, disrespectful condescension, and obnoxious arrogance.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Generational talent is just not true. The player from Oregon was a more efficient version of her and that wasn’t long ago.
You mean Sabrina Ionescu? I agree - I think CC gets more attention because she shoots from the mid court etc.
I think media always look for The Next Big Thing. It was supposed to be Paige Bueckers from UConn but unfortunately she's been injured a lot. Aaliyah Boston is probably similar to our Ashley - complete player but not flashy. She is the right player at the right time.

Reactions: CyCity

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
An amazing basketball talent, that’s for sure. I haven’t seen anyone really deny that.

But enjoyable to watch? That’s a no for me. Her antics take so much away from her great ability for me. I can’t think of anyone else on her team that acts even close to the way she does. It really is off putting.

It’s really unfortunate actually.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
And while it hurts to say Caitlin found the right team to let her shine and she is making all around her better. Good for Caitlin and good for Bluder.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How dare she celebrate and have fun while playing.

That’s not what bothers any of us…. and you know it.

As I said earlier, I’m not a fan of any Iowa player…. I’m an ISU fan. But none of the other Iowa women’s basketball players bother me as to how they act and behave on the court like CC does. I don’t cheer for them, but they all act like decent mature people. I can’t say the same about CC…. although I thought she was a bit better this last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron