What if "Money" doesn't come to ISU?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd love to have him. I'm just concerned the fans think he'll somehow get us wins. As I said in the other thread - unless we're averaging 40+ points next year - I don't see how we're winning games.

The defense is where we need some serious, immediate help.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Why are you concerned about fans expectations of Money? I couldn't care less about other people's expectations. Reality is my concern. Your obsession with other people's opinion of a player woild be troubling...if i truly cared. :)

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I think you guys should end the arguement. Its been a long season. We need this kid, we want this kid, and we will do whatever it takes to get talent and speed on this team. End of story.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
you can never have enough weapons on offense. never. i expect the defense to be a little better next year, but im certain the offense will need to roll to provide more victories.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully they enjoyed their time in Ames and realize he could be a key part of the team...

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I think you guys should end the arguement. Its been a long season. We need this kid, we want this kid, and we will do whatever it takes to get talent and speed on this team. End of story.

Amen. I'm pretty sure that going after Money does not preclude getting commitments from good-to-great defensive players. In fact, I think it would help.

Reactions: Aclone

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
Why are you concerned about fans expectations of Money? I couldn't care less about other people's expectations. Reality is my concern. Your obsession with other people's opinion of a player woild be troubling...if i truly cared. :)

It's not that I care about other peoples' expectations, it's that I think they're not too bright for having them.

I chose to word it more gently. I think ISUFan22 did the same.

How many people came on here when we got Johnson last year and said, OMG, can you imagine him and RJ on the field at the same time??!!! He'll contribute immediately...he has the measurables already...it's going to be incredible...or something along those lines. Johnson has 16 catches this year.

How many people exploded w/glee when they read JJ Bass' facebook or whatever the kids call it where he said ISU and JJ were gonna shock the world or something close to that? He was gonna set the world on fire. He would be lucky to rush for 200 yards this year.

The problem with these can't miss players that we create in our minds is that they usually don't end up panning out. We build them up into something that they can't attain.

In this case, I think it's the case of a cool nickname and a PR campaign by his brother. He could end up being great, but like I said with Bass, I'll believe it when I see it on the field.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
to be fair, JJ Bass is a good running back, I firmly believe if there is no ARob, or Jason Scales, to take carrys. JJ Bass rushes for 1000 this season. Our stable of backs is great, a suspect offensive line has restricted great things.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
to be fair, JJ Bass is a good running back, I firmly believe if there is no ARob, or Jason Scales, to take carrys. JJ Bass rushes for 1000 this season. Our stable of backs is great, a suspect offensive line has restricted great things.

Sorry, can't agree. It's not like either of these guys set the world on fire this year.

If Bass was that good, he would've been on the field.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Sorry, can't agree. It's not like either of these guys set the world on fire this year.

If Bass was that good, he would've been on the field.

It's pretty clear that the coaching staff decided a few weeks ago to look ahead to next year. Youth is getting the snaps just about everywhere. Whoever they are, the soph is going to get snaps over the senior.

Can't blame them really and personally, i think it is a good move.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
And before that? Bass wasn't "suspended" all year. And the youth movement argument doesn't hold up regarding Scales. He graduates too.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
And before that? Bass wasn't "suspended" all year.

Dunno. he seemed to play well when he was in during the middle part of the season. I actually agree that he should have been on the field more but I'm not in the locker room, so I have no idea what the real story is.

Reactions: Aclone

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
And before that? Bass wasn't "suspended" all year. And the youth movement argument doesn't hold up regarding Scales. He graduates too.

damn those exceptions mr. literal pants. Sorry, the trend, with exception, has certainly been towards younger kids playing.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I know what you're meaning - but I was talking about Bass and on one else. The guy simply wasn't as good as advertised and there's no data to prove differently.

But don't even get me started on Franklin... ;)

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
I know what you're meaning - but I was talking about Bass and on one else. The guy simply wasn't as good as advertised and there's no data to prove differently.

But don't even get me started on Franklin... ;)

Have to now...what about Franklin:wink:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
mushroom_cloud.jpg

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Why he didnt see the field more is actually quite a story. But that is what it is. You have the right to disagree, but JJ Bass is a good back in my opinion and im sad to see that he didnt get more opportunities. But Chizik has his plan and hes doing it how he does it.

We have had some teriffic experience with JUCOs and the difference between a JUCO and a true freshman can be tremendous. Sure some get lost in the shuffle, but usually only because someone better than them stepped up, or someone with a more promising future. I think Darius Reynolds has the ability to become a JUCO success at ISU. I feel that way after meeting the kid and seeing his videos and what he brings to the table. Its hard to not be excited about getting someone like Darius.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Frustrating thing is, there is always a story/excuse at ISU. We couldn't beat FSU because of a bad call. We lost to Alabama because of a bad call. Missed FGs against Mizzu, KU, etc. Lost to Michigan State in MBB because of bad calls.

We've always got a story...