Where Iowa State might turn to find an offensive coordinator replacement

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
and most likely, he doesn’t hire anyone as OC and just calls the plays himself like he did when Manning left the first time.
That would be a huge mistake. We need someone who can continue to build on what was started last year.

Reactions: Drew0311

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Jeff Woody has a good take on this on his podcast. We don't need a complete teardown and rebuild on offense. We need continuity and incremental progress from where we are. I think Clanton or the Ohio guy could do that.

Reactions: MTCyclone43

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
Reactions: Aclone

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
Spit balling names here. Terry Allen. son played here and coached here. Danny Freund South Dakota State OFC. Previously Coached QB'S, RB's and WR's at North Dakota (UND).

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I've heard you say this 2x now. Who is the other coach you are referring to?

If you don't want to say, that's fine, but I'm not sure why you couldn't tell us.
T do you spend time outside of tang threads?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
He was listed as AN offensive coordinator, and reportedly did not call plays.
Interesting. I don't pay attention to UNI football. He must have had some sort of leadership oversight of the offense even if he didn't call the plays. I don't want him as OC; he has his hands full with the line as it is (managing a room of 25 linemen is more difficult than 4 quarterbacks).

I've warmed to the idea of Gordon. He was very good under first year HC Alex Golesh. He wouldn't come back if he knew that Campbell would try to meddle with things. However, I think we lose a couple of coaches in the future due to that move.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron