Your trash at your tailgate spot.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Going out of the box here but would like to see some kind of place to dispose of charcoal in the tailgate lots. Been to KC Chiefs games and they have metal bins you can dispose your charcoal in. I'd rather bring a charcoal grill to cook with but my biggest issue is I don't want to leave a hot grill sitting out or try to dump hot coals out somewhere and possibly start a fire as dry as it is right now. Tailgating is the only time I use a gas grill and I realize this is a nitpick thing but other stadiums seem to have a place to dispose of hot coals safely.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Going out of the box here but would like to see some kind of place to dispose of charcoal in the tailgate lots. Been to KC Chiefs games and they have metal bins you can dispose your charcoal in. I'd rather bring a charcoal grill to cook with but my biggest issue is I don't want to leave a hot grill sitting out or try to dump hot coals out somewhere and possibly start a fire as dry as it is right now. Tailgating is the only time I use a gas grill and I realize this is a nitpick thing but other stadiums seem to have a place to dispose of hot coals safely.
Forgot what school I was at but someone was going around with a wheelbarrow and people would dump it in there.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
I get annoyed when people that are not tailgating or are going to another tailgate take up obvious tailgate spots. You know ones with grass or extra space to tailgate etc. when the other side of the row is just standard parking spot.

Every game I see someone pull into a spot that has obvious tailgate area, and walk away, not tailgating etc. When they could just as easy park facing the other way across the lane, in a standard spot.
I don't get it. This seems like the strangest thing to be annoyed over. Someone paid for a parking permit and parked their car and walked away from their car. If you'd rather that space be used differently, pay for it and use it how you'd like.

If they are breaking some rule or something, then yeah, that'd be annoying. But parking their car in a parking space seems perfectly fine and reasonable to me.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't get it. This seems like the strangest thing to be annoyed over. Someone paid for a parking permit and parked their car and walked away from their car. If you'd rather that space be used differently, pay for it and use it how you'd like.

If they are breaking some rule or something, then yeah, that'd be annoying. But parking their car in a parking space seems perfectly fine and reasonable to me.

Have you noticed the new numbering in the paved lots? There may be a solution coming that is worse than the current problems.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

SO IT WAS YOU!

LOL, just kidding.

If it was against a rule I would be more than annoyed and would probably say something to them.

For that matter I do pay for a spot. But I also know what it is like to come to an area with extra space, grass, etc and see a car parked there with no one tailgating.

Its an annoyance, not a huge deal but annoying. Simply, if you are going to utilize the spot, great, if not why not park across from that spot where there is less space to tailgate or no space to, And leave that spot for someone that wants to utilize the extra space.

I guess It seems like an unwritten rule to me, and one of basic courtesy. But then I guess I have seen a lot of uncourteous people at times in the lots, rules on not.

Reactions: AlCyJim

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Many places only pay 3 or 4 cents now. You don’t get the whole nickel.
That is against the law. They by law can not pay less than 5 cents. It is also why the law was amended this last year, to pay them more per can, because so many were trying this.

I know some places got turned in for it, and they used clever things as it is a charge to count, or they would not count your cans right away etc if you refused it.

Any place that charges or gives less than the 5 cents can be turned in to the state.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
SO IT WAS YOU!

LOL, just kidding.

If it was against a rule I would be more than annoyed and would probably say something to them.

For that matter I do pay for a spot. But I also know what it is like to come to an area with extra space, grass, etc and see a car parked there with no one tailgating.

Its an annoyance, not a huge deal but annoying. Simply, if you are going to utilize the spot, great, if not why not park across from that spot where there is less space to tailgate or no space to, And leave that spot for someone that wants to utilize the extra space.

I guess It seems like an unwritten rule to me, and one of basic courtesy. But then I guess I have seen a lot of uncourteous people at times in the lots, rules on not.
Dude don’t be annoyed. Snatch up that prime tailgate spot.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I use charcoal at some of my tailgates.... I take a metal bucket for my coals and dump water in it to douse them.

Cdiedrick

Jun 26, 2014
The Iowa game a guy was going through a dumpster collecting cans. He had $50 already and said that’s all he does. Leave the deposit returnable cans in a sack.
It happens, do the right thing and don’t worry about douchebags.

CyJam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
I am pretty sure I witnessed this and cheered you on while walking to me car. (or it's happened multiple times which is possible).

There was a guy grabbing cans out of garbage bags on Saturday.
This would have been around 2003, East side of the stadium.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I was in Tokyo a couple weeks ago. Biggest city in the world. There are no garbage cans anywhere, and it’s the cleanest city I’ve ever seen with no litter whatsoever.

Anyway, back to your tailgate mess you filthy animals.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
which I'm completely fine with so i don't have to put them into a machine one at a time.
I did that once. That was miserable. The homeless would be in there, rechecking all the cans that people pitched because they couldn't get to work. Then you had to go inside and go through check out to get your cash.

There is a guy who used to come around and look at your bag and give you an amount for the bag. I'm sure he was coming out well, but I figured even half amount saved that much in gas and time waiting for a count. I would donate to the local one, but it is for a project I'm not really in favor of so we just cash them in when we can.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I don’t know about the way east end of the Haunted Forest the huge college age crowd, but in the North end it’s pretty clean. They have someone that always walks by to pickup cans. We just throw them all in a pile. We even help put them in the garbage bag when they come around.

Those collapsible garbage cans work great for tailgating. Too bad some think they are too good to pickup after themselves.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don’t know about the way east end of the Haunted Forest the huge college age crowd, but in the North end it’s pretty clean. They have someone that always walks by to pickup cans. We just throw them all in a pile. We even help put them in the garbage bag when they come around.

Those collapsible garbage cans work great for tailgating. Too bad some think they are too good to pickup after themselves.
We saw people coming through all of the time when we were in D3 and D4. In the two years we have been in the RV lot I haven't seen a single can picker so we have stopped putting them next to our trash cans and now put them in our trash cans.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
We saw people coming through all of the time when we were in D3 and D4. In the two years we have been in the RV lot I haven't seen a single can picker so we have stopped putting them next to our trash cans and now put them in our trash cans.
I saw a pickup truck with bags full of cans in the bed when I was leaving RV Village Saturday night. Looked like he was pulling them out of the dumpsters.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron