***Official Iowa State V. Iowa Wrestling Thread***

CydeOut

Nov 21, 2009
Kansas
Mueller hurts but nobody including me expected Ward so we were likely going to lose. I like the aggressiveness, hope it continues

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I think we have the best team we've had in a while. We lost basically because their best guy caught our guy. The pin was the difference so good job to the hawks, but I think we'll be ready come tourney time. This team looks much improved over last year. Ward looks MUCH better, and Varner was arguably the most dominate wrestler out there (Metcalf is the only one to have an argument there).

If we would've won 1 of those close ones, we would've taken this, but we didn't. No biggie, let's get another Big 12 championship and get them come tourney time!:yes::yes::yes:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
If the guy is anything like me, he doesn't know much about wrestling but knows he hates the Hawks no matter what sport they're playing :wink:
No, I get it. It just made me laugh when I read it, and others had already told him there weren't any more weights.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Yes, it would have been tied. Had he Tech falled, Iowa would have won by 1.

Tech fall is worth 5, so we would've tied but they still would've "won" because in the event of a tie, the team with the most falls (or pins) would win, and Iowa had 1 to our 0. We needed a pin to get the W.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
No prob. Either way, it would have been nice if he didn't get the pin.
I know. Sounds like our guys came out fighting, though. That pin will only spur Mueller on. Obviously KJ thought Fanthorpe and Gallick were healthy enough to wrestle but it sounds like they weren't quite at 100%.

BigDogCyclone

Nov 22, 2006
Westerville, OH
I like the aggressiveness we're starting to see from this team, but they have a long way to go. More of our guys need to be thinking bonus points if we hope to turn the corner and WIN the national title.

Man, I hate the hawks!!! I want to go hit something. (This meet always gets my adrenaline going).

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I like this team. KJ has done wonders in only a few months. There is fire and aggresive wrestling going on. Iowa will be Iowa all year, ISU will keep getting better.