Missing Student -- ISU ALERT

CyPhy

Feb 2, 2010
I'm sorry for posting off topic, but I didn't start the thread. I noticed one of posts was already taken down, and the others probably will be soon, but please be curious and think about what I have written. I sure hope I'm wrong about Mr. Lacina, but the pattern fits.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Let's stick to the topic at hand folks.

Terrible story unfolding. No need, and not the place, to go snipping at one another. Thanks

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Hey, guys, let's dial back the rhetoric, especially the racial stuff. Keep the focus of this thread on the missing individual(s).

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
I see on ISU's home page they are asking students to help in the search by putting up posters and such inside and outside of Ames if you are able. So if anyone is going home this weekend might be worthwhile to print some off and sling them up on a door of a gas station.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Wow, the longer this goes the worse it feels - best of luck to this somehow having a happy ending. This must be hard on his family.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Freaky stuff man, freaky stuff..had to read up on this after seeing it earlier in the thread. Hope this is just something like the South Carolina gov going overseas for a fling...

CyPhy

Feb 2, 2010
Oh okay...I think I know why my post was taken down. I think the moderator felt that I made a racially insensitive comment.
So, I would like to try again.
What I was trying to convey is that, if any other demographic group in society other than young white men were showing an epidemic of unexplained drunken drownings, there would be a huge uproar in society. Can you imagine if this many women went missing? Or this many (fill in whatever racial or ethnic group you can think of)?
There's something depressingly sad in our society that we just accept as normal that white college boys, bright, handsome, and with everything to live for, are getting totally plastered and wandering into the nearest body of water to drown.
As a society we need to start questioning this and telling the police, NO...THAT'S NOT THE WAY HE DIED!

Jack & Hilton

Nov 30, 2007
CyPhy you need to relax on this one, Jon hopefully is still alive. If he shows up in a body of water, then you can start screaming again. I agree that the others are suspicious, but the FBI has looked into the SFK and shot the theory down, too many variables to them.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Oh okay...I think I know why my post was taken down. I think the moderator felt that I made a racially insensitive comment.
So, I would like to try again.
What I was trying to convey is that, if any other demographic group in society other than young white men were showing an epidemic of unexplained drunken drownings, there would be a huge uproar in society. Can you imagine if this many women went missing? Or this many (fill in whatever racial or ethnic group you can think of)?
There's something depressingly sad in our society that we just accept as normal that white college boys, bright, handsome, and with everything to live for, are getting totally plastered and wandering into the nearest body of water to drown.
As a society we need to start questioning this and telling the police, NO...THAT'S NOT THE WAY HE DIED!

<---------------- (Smacking my forehead)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
CyPhy you need to relax on this one, Jon hopefully is still alive. If he shows up in a body of water, then you can start screaming again. I agree that the others are suspicious, but the FBI has looked into the SFK and shot the theory down, too many variables to them.

Good point. I wasn't around for the heated part of this discussion, but it looks like CyPhy needs to take some time and breathe on this one.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Because the FBI has gotten everything right? ANd as sad as it is, theres a slim to none chance he's alive...

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Every day his chances get less and less. I am just hoping they can find something that will bring closure because I feel for the family and friends that this is be a living nightmare.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Because the FBI has gotten everything right? ANd as sad as it is, theres a slim to none chance he's alive...

The FBI could be simply putting out misinformation for whatever reason.

All these deaths are too coincidental, IMO. Upper midwest, college males, drunk

check out this guy's website, if you haven't already. He's put a lot of work into it:

The Smiley Face Killers Patterns Discovered