WBB Recruiting continued...

SS09

Nov 9, 2009
He's referring to All Iowa Attack's Super 16 tournament that starts tomorrow in Ames - huge assemblage of talented players from all over the midwest - Stokes and Greenfield are playing also. Every gym in town will be used, with the ISU bb facility as the base.
Since Stokes hasn't committed yet, expect lots of the big coaching names to be here. I would imagine Stanford's coaching staff will be here also to watch/cheer Greenfield.

Is anyone on this board attending the tourney? It would be great to get a summary of the action in addition to which coaches showed up.

MJVO

Oct 6, 2009
The Super 16 colleges attending lists Uconn, Tenn, Stanford and all the big 10 and big 12 coaching staffs along with many others. Don't know which are head coaches or recruiters. Probably cost you $25 or $30 for a 3 day pass, games from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 pm Tue-Thurs. It is not just a Stokes/Greenfield show, top division has 12 top teams in midwest. North Tartan (Minn), MoKan Eclipse, Oklahoma Blue Angels and Cornhusker Shooting Stars are extremely talented teams along with All Iowa Attack and Team Iowa. While you are checking out the practice facility, a block west is the new AIA facility. Pretty impressive also.

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
The Super 16 colleges attending lists Uconn, Tenn, Stanford and all the big 10 and big 12 coaching staffs along with many others. Don't know which are head coaches or recruiters. Probably cost you $25 or $30 for a 3 day pass, games from 9:00 a.m. until 9:00 pm Tue-Thurs. It is not just a Stokes/Greenfield show, top division has 12 top teams in midwest. North Tartan (Minn), MoKan Eclipse, Oklahoma Blue Angels and Cornhusker Shooting Stars are extremely talented teams along with All Iowa Attack and Team Iowa. While you are checking out the practice facility, a block west is the new AIA facility. Pretty impressive also.

I think people will be surprised with how good the Oklahoma team is.
MoKan will be a 3 shooting squad

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
I was going to see if I could figure out any potential targets until I read this:

Ummm, maybe I won't.

that's like when she was down here a couple weeks back for a KC event and had to ask then with 64 teams, "who do you look at?"

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I was on facebook recently when I stumbled upon this:

Facebook

It's the official facebook page of the ISU WBB staff. What's even more interesting is the friends list. There are some known recruits there, a lot of current players, and a LOT of former players, but there are a few other interesting names:

Just took another look at this. New names:

Arielle Roberson: 6-0 F Wagner (San Antonio) Tx -- 2011
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...all/Girls_basketball_super_team2009-2010.html
Arielle Roberson
Wagner F/P, 6-0, junior
Averaged 16 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks. ... Being recruited by Connecticut, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Southern California and Texas.

Tjasa Gortnar: 6-1 PF Slovenia -- probably 2011. Tore her ACL earlier this month.

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
FIBA International Tip Sheet - ESPN

Julie Vanloo, 1993, Oostende, Belgium:
This 5-7 point guard has all the tools to be a successful BCS conference point guard. She has quickness, speed, vision, scoring ability and, most of all, swagger. She is a leader on the court, playing with strength that her size would not suggest. While lacking the size of a Ticha Penicheiro, she has that way about her when she penetrates the lane and dishes out dimes to her teammates. The word at FIBA was that the Declercq Stortbeton Waregem club team player will be offered a pro contract in Europe but considering some Division I college offers as well. Sources at FIBA noted Iowa State as a potential leader if she does decide to traverse the Atlantic.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Last edited: