UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....(sky falling thread)

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Re: Iowa State is NOT GOOD.

Do you even know how many turnovers we had tonight? Seven. That isn't a bad number. I understand you're trying to throw a **** fit because that's the gimmick you've built for yourself on this site, but there are plenty of things to logically (and accurately) criticize about the team. How about you stick to those?

Listen, I have complained for basically two weeks. Go back and look, I was positive about the football team way before we even won conference games so don't talk to me about my "gimmick," mother. The turnovers are flat out aweful. We make dumb passes that shouldn't be attempted, dribble of feet, throw it away, step out of bounds dribbling down the court, I could go on. So we had 7 tonight. That doesn't make them any less painful, and they were worse last game. I am allowed to be upset that a big time program that I have supported for a long time is putting a BAD product on the court against teams with a lot less resources and getting embarassed. Preach in church.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
How many Big 12 caliber players on this team?

By my count, there are 5: Garrett, Brackins, Clark, Johnson, and (stretching here) Hubalek.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Re: Let's throw the team under the bus

Seriously, need to shut the board down for 24 hours after every loss.

Like 10 new postgame threads? Please...

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames

Listen, I have complained for basically two weeks. Go back and look, I was positive about the football team way before we even won conference games so don't talk to me about my "gimmick," mother. The turnovers are flat out aweful. We make dumb passes that shouldn't be attempted, dribble of feet, throw it away, step out of bounds dribbling down the court, I could go on. So we had 7 tonight. That doesn't make them any less painful, and they were worse last game. I am allowed to be upset that a big time program that I have supported for a long time is putting a BAD product on the court against teams with a lot less resources and getting embarassed. Preach in church.

So what you are saying is there are acceptable turnovers and unacceptable turnovers? I don't care how bad the turnovers are (they are all ugly), I will take 7 turnovers every game. Find something else to ***** about because that one doesn't fly.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

No talent??? Wesley, Brackins, and Garrett are all extremely talented, but still need muscle and Brackins and Garrett need more experience. And how the heck do you say that McDermott isn't bringing in the right recruits? He was given a month and a half to get his first one, but managed to snag Wesley, and last year was his first real class...he got Brackins (the most highly rated recruit since Fizer), Garrett, and Staiger. On the court or not, Staiger was a highly touted recruit that he got, and we had NO WAY of seeing the NCAA's bs ruling coming...who in your opinion are the right recruits we should have got if those guys don't cut it??? Let me guess...Michael Beasley, Derrick Rose, O.J. Mayo, and Eric Gordon? These guys are five games into their careers, and are a HUGE part of the team. Granted, 2-3 is very disappointing, all three losses have come to experienced, tough teams. You obviously have no knowledge of the game of basketball, or what the differences between a freshman and a senior are. Keep in mind, the coach that you keep ripping on recruited that whole team that just came into Hilton to beat us, and he recruited them to play in Cedar Falls, Iowa, for a MVC school. This year will have more disappointments, and I look forward to reading your uneducated, garbage "hawkeye meltdown" posts after each one...btw, did you throw a fit when McDermott said, "If you want a quick fix, you're looking at the wrong guy"?...or is year two (first year with to put together a real recruiting class) too long for you?...just absolutely dumb stuff, that shouldn't even warrant a response.

I love it that anytime you disagree with a position it becomes a "hawkeye" position. Stars don't equal success and no matter how highly touted the recruit if they can't perform it doesn't really matter. Like I said above Brackins does appear to have talent but honestly Garrett??? He needs like a hundred pounds to play big12 ball. I am sorry you don't see what I do...actually I am not, I wish I saw things your way but I think we are in for a painful time in ISU basketball history...its called an opinion. Hope I am wrong.

Kramer

Nov 14, 2006
Anytown, USA
Re: How many Big 12 caliber players on this team?

Yep. But as Brackins showed tonight, it won't be as consistent as what the team probably needs. Same with Garrett. I really like these 5 guys. The problems come when we dip into the bench. Maybe back to the good old TF days when we played 6 guys...and WON.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

We were up 38-31. Final was 61-48. That is a 30-10 run. What happened?

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames

What has Garrett done that looks so awful to you? Seems to me he isn't playing bad at all, and he is only a freshman. Is he Jamaal Tinsley? Absolutely not, but why would he be? He is only a freshman.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006

Listen, I have complained for basically two weeks.

I know. We all know. It's a bit redundant.

everyyard said:
Go back and look, I was positive about the football team way before we even won conference games so don't talk to me about my "gimmick," mother.

If I was the type of guy to post pictures, then this is where the giant would cookie go. You keep on keepin' on with your gimmick, son.

everyyard said:
The turnovers are flat out aweful. We make dumb passes that shouldn't be attempted, dribble of feet, throw it away, step out of bounds dribbling down the court, I could go on.

Except we improved on our turnovers tonight. You failed to mention that in your previous rants. You're looking for reasons to complain, which is consistent with your gimmick.

everyyard said:
I am allowed to be upset that a big time program that I have supported for a long time is putting a BAD product on the court against teams with a lot less resources and getting embarassed.

You're absolutely right. You are allowed to be upset. I think all Cyclone fans are a litttle upset right now. But the rest of us are allowed to respond to your whining, too.

everryard said:
Preach in church.

You too. I'll see you Sunday.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

Mental Toughness - None!
Physical Toughness - lacking!
Coaching - Out coached again!
Rebounding - Poor!
Offense - Standing Around!
Hilton Magic - Gone!
Coach Mac's Record vs. in state schools while at Iowa State - 0-4

Just some thoughts from a season ticket holder in his mid 30's. I haven't seen Hilton this dead. Frustrated! We should see some progress in the offense by year two. Revolving door of players is becoming a problem. We'll see what happens, but at this pace there's not much positive's to take from a loss like this. Sorry to say but UNI is not a very good team!! We are just worse!!

Absolutely Positively agree. You see what I see exactly. These are not things you need 5 years to fix...they are a sign of things not working.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Fook Mi. Same type of game (good defense, little offense, pressure gets the best of the team) and the same fans are crying - sky falling, etc.

Ugh.

We've heard it already. Most of us knew this would be a rough year. We don't need you filling the board with yer hate-speak.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Re: UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....

Good thing there isn't a Cy-Panther Challenge. :wideeyed:

On a serious (and sad) note, somebody said they never thought they'd see Iowa State this bad. I agree...hard to stomach.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Garrett is very, very athletic, and a very good ballhandler...he was Wisconsin's (much more talent than Iowa) runner up for Mr. Basketball. All he needs is to lift and grow into his body...he is also 6'4'' and has a very long wingspan. How in the world can you not see talent in this guy? (besides just not knowing much about basketball in general...granted you are the guy complaining that we had seven turnovers in a game)

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames

Wesley, do you just click on threads with your eyes closed? You have the most randomly funny posts I have ever seen.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006

Fook Mi. Same type of game (good defense, little offense, pressure gets the best of the team) and the same fans are crying - sky falling, etc.

Ugh.

We've heard it already. Most of us knew this would be a rough year. We don't need you filling the board with yer hate-speak.

I always kind of laughed when you've said in the past that the board should be shut down for 24 hours after a loss. You're completely right.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron