UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....(sky falling thread)

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Hey everyyard - chill the **** out.

Patience is a virtue.

I am chill. I just don't see the roses you guys are seeing. There are some others on the board that see what I am talking about. See the above poster who sees that we will be losing key spots at the same time of needing others. It just doesn't look like things are heading for a gel. We need a post player sooo bad.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Re: Iowa State is NOT GOOD.

Then, right when guards Garrett and Buckley are starting to come around, ISU will lose WJ. GMac needs to recruit some difference makers and not just role players. He hasn't done that since Brackins.

Last I checked, Brackins was a member of the most recent class to show up on campus and show us what they've got, so I don't think it's been long since he's recruited a difference maker. Don't let the stars on the new recruits throw you off. How many stars did WJ have?

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
Let's hope Buckley is every bit the floor general that I've heard he is and can start from day one. Throw in a consistent outside threat (hopefully Lucca) and this team would look light years better than they do now.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
No one here is seeing roses. No one here is happy we lost.

Some of us are able to maintain our cool after we lose a basketball game and realize this team is lacking scoring, experienced and is still not healthy.

FYI...Greg does not expect Clark or Wesley to practice tomorrow. 2 of our best players (top scorers for tonight mind you) not practicing. Not the first time these two have been missing practice either.

It's bad enough we're missing experience and scoring. It makes matters much worse that we're not healthy.

You are not chill. So again, please, chill.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I am chill. I just don't see the roses you guys are seeing. There are some others on the board that see what I am talking about. See the above poster who sees that we will be losing key spots at the same time of needing others. It just doesn't look like things are heading for a gel. We need a post player sooo bad.

You do realize that you basically said that GMac is not the guy for Iowa State? And that there's no way anyone other that Wes and Craig are gonna be any good?

Are they good right now? No.
Do we need another big man? Yes.
Do we need some guards with more skill and/or experience? Yes.
Are they gonna get better? Yes.

GMac has had one 1 and a fraction years of coaching here, and all of his players with even less time here.

Just settle down and enjoy watching them improve. We're not Duke or UNC or Kansas (Not yet, but soon. Oh yes, soon).

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
FYI...Greg does not expect Clark or Wesley to practice tomorrow. 2 of our best players (top scorers for tonight mind you) not practicing. Not the first time these two have been missing practice either.

I love that you brought this up. We've had (or currently have) injuries to Wesley, Rahshon, Jiri, and Brackins. Oddly enough, those are the only four players that we have right now that we can rely on to score some points. You may be able to add Garrett to that list, as he can drive. On top of that, we also don't have Lucca, which many believe ould be one of our better players.

Our problem right now, and especially tonight, is that we're not getting any scoring from ANYONE else. Wesley, Rahshon, and Jiri combined tonight for 38 points. The other seven players (eight if you count Cameron Lee) that got playing time combined for 10 points. Here is the combined line tonight for Alex Thompson, Cory Johnson, Clayton Vette, and Sean Haluska:

37 minutes
0 points
4 fouls

I'm not getting way down on them because I think they're giving it their all, and that's all you can ask. Some of our fans just need to understand that we are what we are. Let's just hope we see some progression.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I love that you brought this up. We've had (or currently have) injuries to Wesley, Rahshon, Jiri, and Brackins. Oddly enough, those are the only four players that we have right now that we can rely on to score some points. You may be able to add Garrett to that list, as he can drive. On top of that, we also don't have Lucca, which many believe ould be one of our better players.

Our problem right now, and especially tonight, is that we're not getting any scoring from ANYONE else. Wesley, Rahshon, and Jiri combined tonight for 38 points. The other seven players (eight if you count Cameron Lee) that got playing time combined for 10 points. Here is the combined line tonight for Alex Thompson, Cory Johnson, Clayton Vette, and Sean Haluska:

37 minutes
0 points
4 fouls

I'm not getting way down on them because I think they're giving it their all, and that's all you can ask. Some of our fans just need to understand that we are what we are. Let's just hope we see some progression.

Right on. Still waiting for the healthy players to step up to the plate. It is the third inning already.

Last edited:

Raymeus

Nov 8, 2006
And to think I was upset when I didn't see a replay of the game listed on ESPN360.com (before I knew the outcome). I probably would have thrown my computer out the window (or at least kicked my dog).

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Just watch the previous game - it was the same. Fall apart in the end. I am surprised we are not seeing more Cory Johnson. He is better than the other subs.

Last edited:

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
Uhhh...unless my eyes decieved me didnt a

Peterson, Haluska, Thompson type player just whip and bury us. I dont see the need to rip into them. Atleast there trying and were actually at the game, unlike some of you.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hmmmmmm. That does not sound good for us. Must have been the refs.

At this point, any win will be a good win.

Last edited:

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Re: Uhhh...unless my eyes decieved me didnt a

People...pleeeeeease stop making new threads. Please. I am begging you.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: Uhhh...unless my eyes decieved me didnt a

Yes, they did not shoot much in this game. The turnovers were 7. The rebounding sucked. The freethrows were made by their guard. The Panthers win again. Their team is young and will be better next year. Can Wes Eckmeier check in now?

Last edited:

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Re: UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....

Uni Played 3 freshman and 2 sophmores of the nine players that saw minutes... Same as ISU...

And a senior point guard and a senior big man, who are the best players on their team and been in that system for four years. One of which who has seen major minutes for all four years. Our best players are a sophomore, who is still hurt and played in his first game all year, and a freshman, who had an off night. We've returned four scholarship players each of the last two years, none of which are guards unless you count the Wesley Johnson, who wasn't a guard last year.

As SouthernHawk said, UNI is a veteran team, and we are not.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Re: UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....

And a senior point guard and a senior big man, who are the best players on their team and been in that system for four years. One of which who has seen major minutes for all four years. Our best players are a sophomore, who is still hurt and played in his first game all year, and a freshman, who had an off night. We've returned four scholarship players each of the last two years, none of which are guards unless you count the Wesley Johnson, who wasn't a guard last year.

As SouthernHawk said, UNI is a veteran team, and we are not.

Josten wasn't even supposed to start this year and they won't miss him next year. Coleman is their best player but one could easily argue their second and third best players didn't even play...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron