Announcement coming: "Cyclones.TV is the real deal"

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Are there reasons for not subscribing? The internet method provides pretty easy access to games. You don't have to watch them on the PC. An HDMI cable, VGA cable, S-Video cable, or some other form of video out will put it on the TV. I'm only asking because I don't understand the hang up.

I have to admit, I still find the PC to Tv thing to be a pain. My best streaming is on my desktop which is in my home office which is a long ways from my Tv. My laptop just isn't as high of quality. Plus, I have to make the effort to hook it up, can't really surf the internet while watching a game, and it's a pain to flip channels during commercials. I have an Xbox which is great for streaming a lot of stuff but there's no way to get cyclones.tv. I'm a big Cyclone fan so I'm willing to just sit at my desk and watch on my desktop, but for casual fans, I can understand the hold up.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Mediacom is the winner. I understand the urgency to get back on Iowa televisions. Just hope this isn't short sighted in the long run.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Cool!

I live out of state, so I just watch stuff via Cyclones.tv. I thought this little tidbit was interesting:
The network has gotten off to a great start and Cyclones.tv is ranked No. 2 nationally for total viewers among all of NeuLion's (Iowa State's web site provider) 100-plus schools.

I'm one of those viewers. The subscription is worth every penny. Good work Pollard!

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Curious how this is going to work. One would think that the online portion would still be available to those out of state?

The article leads me to believe neulion will still be streaming cyclones.tv events.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
As much as people were hoping for something "bigger" this is still great. Seriously...this will reach those casual fans just looking for some sports fix and makes ISU games available in eastern Iowa to help ensure turning this state Cardinal. Better than nothing and better than having to "subscribe" to watch..casual fans don't do that.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
My local provider (not mediacom)...to get the B1G network is $55 a month. Cyclones.tv is $80 A YEAR.

I'd guess a lot of people get that in cash from family members for christmas. Buy yourself a cyclones christmas that lasts all year.

Where the hell are you paying $55 a month just for B10net?

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Curious how this is going to work. One would think that the online portion would still be available to those out of state?

The announcement makes it pretty clear this is a supplement to the internet broadcasts and archives, not a replacement.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
sununva....as long as cyclones.tv still has all the content too, I'm okay, just hoped for something I could get with my non-mediacom cable, and something available possibly nationwide. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
As much as people were hoping for something "bigger" this is still great. Seriously...this will reach those casual fans just looking for some sports fix and makes ISU games available in eastern Iowa to help ensure turning this state Cardinal. Better than nothing and better than having to "subscribe" to watch..casual fans don't do that.

This X1000. The more faces we can get our games in front of "just because" the better

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
90% of the households have internet so anyone canbuy and view the games.

Sure, but that still eliminates all your casual fans who might find it in their guide and flip to it. Most aren't going to go to the effort of paying for it, plugging a computer into a tv, etc. Most who would that are in mediacom's reach are probably going to these games anyways.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I assume all of the stuff on this dedicated channel will also be on cyclones.tv online feed? Being from northwest Iowa I'm not sure if mediacom is even available? Maybe it is, but either way I'd want to stay with Directv