YET ANOTHER ARREST.....

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Iowa Football - Funny Stuff!

EIU has been promoting an appearance/autograph session at today's home basketball game. Scheduled to appear are former Hawkeyes and current NFL players Nate Kaeding and Matt Roth.

Now Matt Roth is unable to attend today's session. Why, you ask? Because he arrived in Iowa City a day early, decided to party on Friday night, and of course ended up in jail. Pretty funny stuff -- you couldn't make it up if you tried!

EDIT: adding the link

Former Hawkeye arrested on public intox charge | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

Last edited by a moderator:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Re: Iowa Football - Funny Stuff!

Considering Matt Roth lives in Miami, and the address of that person is in Illinois (and consequently a different town than where Roth came from), I'll believe it when somebody with a little more credibility than the above poster says something.

Couldn't be that in a school of 30,000 students (half of them being from Illinois), that there is another Matt Roth that *gasp* drinks?

It was a public intoxication charge.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007

Seems like he may have gotten to share the drunk tank with a girl from my hometown! Some real winners right there...

SouthernHawk--is it coincidence that they have the same birthday, according to Matt's player profile on NFL.com?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

Considering Matt Roth lives in Miami, and the address of that person is in Illinois (and consequently a different town than where Roth came from), I'll believe it when somebody with a little more credibility than the above poster says something.

Couldn't be that in a school of 30,000 students (half of them being from Illinois), that there is another Matt Roth that *gasp* drinks?

Considering the Matt Roth in the drunk tank's DOB is 10/14/82, and per ESPN's site ESPN - Matt Roth Stats, News, Photos - Miami Dolphins - NFL Football , Matt Roth of the Miami Dolphin's DOB is 10/14/82, I'd say its the same guy.

It would be an amazing coincidence though, I grant you that.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Considering the Matt Roth in the drunk tank's DOB is 10/14/82, and per ESPN's site ESPN - Matt Roth Stats, News, Photos - Miami Dolphins - NFL Football , Matt Roth of the Miami Dolphin's DOB is 10/14/82, I'd say its the same guy.

It would be an amazing coincidence though, I grant you that.

Meh, even so - public intox by a guy who's old enough to drink. Hardly a "FUNNY STUFF!" thing. More like a "Hey, that's a minor inconvenience"

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

Meh, even so - public intox by a guy who's old enough to drink. Hardly a "FUNNY STUFF!" thing. More like a "Hey, that's a minor inconvenience"

I'd say that you'd have to be doing something pretty stupid to get arrested for public intox. At ISU, if you were walking around drunk no one gave a rip, including DPS. You had to be making a scene to get arrested for it.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

I'd say that you'd have to be doing something pretty stupid to get arrested for public intox. At ISU, if you were walking around drunk no one gave a rip, including DPS. You had to be making a scene to get arrested for it.

Nobody said he wasn't really drunk and being dumb.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Even the alumni are getting into the illegal actions. Classic.

Last edited:

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames

Come on SH, you have to take your guard down and admit that is hilarious.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Come on SH, you have to take your guard down and admit that is hilarious.

It is a little funny. I will admit that. But Roth is one of my favorite players, and I can only imagine the things he did to get the charge...

cytheguy

May 23, 2006

The guy tells LSU and its fans he's got two words for them the night before the Cap One bowl a few years ago at an Iowa rally, then throws up his two middle fingers. Then backs it up on the field the next day. I'd say he's capable of anything. Especially when alcohol is involved.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

Probably arrrested by a Florida fan who saw him do the 'Gator Chop' prior to his team getting creamed.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

He is almost as classy as Grant Stein who entered JTS with both middle fingers in the air.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines

I love you Hawk fans...Always trying to downplay it, twist it or talk your way out of it when whatever it is happens to one of your own. But by golly, if that happens to a Cyclone or someone else it seems to be a MUCH different story...

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com

It is a little funny. I will admit that. But Roth is one of my favorite players, and I can only imagine the things he did to get the charge...

if you knew the guy off the field, you wouldn't like him...it's not an anti-hawk thing bcuz Nate Kaeding is a GREAT guy. Matt Roth is a DB in every sense of the word.

roth was back in my hometown once and had a pizza delivered to a friends house he was drinkin at and he didn't pay the delivery guy and said something to the tune of "do you know who the **** i am?" and slammed the door on the kid. He payed later when the restaurants' cars showed up and didn't get in any legal trouble, but the guy is just a arrogant DB - plain and simple.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron