YET ANOTHER ARREST.....

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Re: Iowa Football - Funny Stuff!

Considering Matt Roth lives in Miami, and the address of that person is in Illinois (and consequently a different town than where Roth came from), I'll believe it when somebody with a little more credibility than the above poster says something.

Couldn't be that in a school of 30,000 students (half of them being from Illinois), that there is another Matt Roth that *gasp* drinks?

It was a public intoxication charge.

He can give his home address of his parents. Being a star why would he give that address in Miami so he can get harrassed, mail form stalkers ect. I believe it is him and that he gave his parents address instead of his in Florida-for security reasons

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

I don't think it really matters, I doubt he'll be invited back to alumni events any time soon. On the other hand it is Iowa football, so maybe they'll give him an award or something.

see I think it does. if the university or any other tax exempt organization associated/part of a tax funded institution.. it is important.

My point is.. they bring these guys in on our dime (even if donated $$ as it is tax free money) and they act like this. It is now apart of the social fabric of IC. It is the culture the tolerate, endorse and enable.

-keep

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Maybe we should have a CyBookie bet....more Hawk arrests, or more Cyclone decommits...I know that is morbid.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
As much as I'd like to, I can't directly blame this on Ferentz. However, it does say something about the quality of the people that he is bringing to the program.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I don't know the whole details to this but it seemed like IC police didn't need to arrest him. I think the cops came because he didn't want to leave the bar, if that is the case there should be about 25 arrests per bar every weekend.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Meh, even so - public intox by a guy who's old enough to drink. Hardly a "FUNNY STUFF!" thing. More like a "Hey, that's a minor inconvenience"

I've never been in the slammer, but I highly doubt I would consider it a minor inconvenience.

The fact that he was in town for an autograph session and he got picked up is pretty funny though.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
as far as it just being a public intox, im not so sure. i think the actual article in sundays register made note that police were actually called into the bar because of a disturbance created by roth, and then came the arrest.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

I've never been in the slammer, but I highly doubt I would consider it a minor inconvenience.

The fact that he was in town for an autograph session and he got picked up is pretty funny though.

It is funny. I just don't see it as being that "big of a deal"

I would have rather this not happened though. Doesn't help the reputation the football program is building.

I guess as an Iowa fan, it's hard to find much comedy in these incidents, regardless of the situation. Maybe before last year, but right now, I'd just like to talk about statistics or something when talking about past/current players. Not their arrest records.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
He tried to pick someone's wallet to get at the credit cards because he was broke and couldn't cover his running tab...