Designated Survivor

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is tough to take. But they probably didn't know if it would get picked up. Since it has been, time for the rewrite.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Who do you guys think is the one that got shot?

They want us to think Kirkman, so I'm going to go with Mrs. Kirkman. Shooting Kirkman right after McDoosh is sworn in is way too obvious. Shooting Mrs. Kirkman would put an unbearable amount of stress on the president, making it highly likely that he would step down. That way would look less suspicious.

Last edited:

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Great show. Between this one and "Timeless" on NBC I'm glad to have a couple of new shows to enjoy.

In terms of the general tension throughout each episode, this one reminds me a lot of "The Last Resort", also on ABC, that was on a few years ago. One of my favorite TV shows ever, even though it only lasted half a season. Complete travesty on the level of "Firefly" being cancelled that "Last Resort" didn't last longer than it did. Glad to see that "Designated Survivor" will at least make it through a whole season.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
They want us to think Kirkman, so I'm going to go with Mrs. Kirkman. Shooting Kirkman right after McDoosh is sworn in is way too obvious. Shooting Mrs. Kirkman would put an unbearable amount of stress on the president, making it highly likely that he would step down. That way would look less suspicious.

This was my first guess as well. When they're showing the reactions after the gunshot, she is the only main character they didn't show and it looked like a woman on the operating table.

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
I'm still watching, but the acting is pretty bad, other than Keifer Sutherland. That may be because I am also binge watching a similar show right now, Homeland. The acting there is outstanding.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City

If we are talking the in show perspective, that bullet was meant for Kirkman, but FBI girls bullet hit the side of the window right before he pulled the trigger, I believe he misses and hits Mrs. Kirkman.

That said your theory is spot on from the writers perspective, just the way it is written makes it seems like it is the inside perspective, which doesn't make sense. They wanted to kill Kirkman, that was the whole point getting McDoosh to be the VP.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
This was my first guess as well. When they're showing the reactions after the gunshot, she is the only main character they didn't show and it looked like a woman on the operating table.

Me as well. My take: The FBI lady got off a shot at the shooter's window which throws his shot off directed at Kirkman and so it hits his wife instead.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
If we are talking the in show perspective, that bullet was meant for Kirkman, but FBI girls bullet hit the side of the window right before he pulled the trigger, I believe he misses and hits Mrs. Kirkman.

That said your theory is spot on from the writers perspective, just the way it is written makes it seems like it is the inside perspective, which doesn't make sense. They wanted to kill Kirkman, that was the whole point getting McDoosh to be the VP.

Saw your post right after I hit the "post" button on mine. We're thinking just the same.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I don't think Pres. Kirkman got shot as the distraction from the FBI agent's shot startled the assassin. Plus, if Pres. Kirkman did got shot and was in the hospital, wouldn't you think that this group planning the whole thing would go in and kill Pres. Kirkman while in the hospital and it all be over?

It could be Mrs. Kirkman, but I thought after the credits, they showed a few seconds of what happens after the shot and I thought Mrs. Kirkman was being shuffled away unharmed. I wonder if the security dude again got shot, thinking that this was an assassination attempt he stepped in. It could also be the Vice President as he would have been in close proximity to to Pres. Kirkman and with the assassin being distracted, could have hit him instead.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I don't think Pres. Kirkman got shot as the distraction from the FBI agent's shot startled the assassin. Plus, if Pres. Kirkman did got shot and was in the hospital, wouldn't you think that this group planning the whole thing would go in and kill Pres. Kirkman while in the hospital and it all be over?

It could be Mrs. Kirkman, but I thought after the credits, they showed a few seconds of what happens after the shot and I thought Mrs. Kirkman was being shuffled away unharmed. I wonder if the security dude again got shot, thinking that this was an assassination attempt he stepped in. It could also be the Vice President as he would have been in close proximity to to Pres. Kirkman and with the assassin being distracted, could have hit him instead.

Nicely done, you got this in before I could. However, we are slightly different. So I'll roll with:

1) Mrs MacLeish. We just got a sneak peak of her at the end showing she is an evil evil woman as well. They kill her off and MacLeish plays the widower card to a T and captures more sympothy from future voters.

2) Secret Service Agent Ritter. His roll has become more and more involved as the series has gone on and now knows a whole lot more than he technically should.

But the writers better figure something out quick in regards to Chief of Staff Shore. Like I mentioned before, I like the story too much for him to become a bad guy.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Nicely done, you got this in before I could. However, we are slightly different. So I'll roll with:

1) Mrs MacLeish. We just got a sneak peak of her at the end showing she is an evil evil woman as well. They kill her off and MacLeish plays the widower card to a T and captures more sympothy from future voters.

2) Secret Service Agent Ritter. His roll has become more and more involved as the series has gone on and now knows a whole lot more than he technically should.

But the writers better figure something out quick in regards to Chief of Staff Shore. Like I mentioned before, I like the story too much for him to become a bad guy.

I would put my money on VP MacLeish (sorry, I do bad with names during these kinds of shows). This would be the part of the story where the good guys put the wrench in the evil guys plans. And the VP being shot and killed would force them to put a new plan in place.

Based on last nights episode, we don't know about Shore's involvement with this. It is very possible that he just took the call because he was there and passed a message on. Or he could be involved with this whole thing. Although now that I am writing this, who was the person who recommended VP MacLeish? Was it Shore?

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I would put my money on VP MacLeish (sorry, I do bad with names during these kinds of shows). This would be the part of the story where the good guys put the wrench in the evil guys plans. And the VP being shot and killed would force them to put a new plan in place.

Based on last nights episode, we don't know about Shore's involvement with this. It is very possible that he just took the call because he was there and passed a message on. Or he could be involved with this whole thing. Although now that I am writing this, who was the person who recommended VP MacLeish? Was it Shore?

This is interesting. Because at first he seems sleazy, then it appeared he actually had Kirkman's interest at heart, but now I am wondering if he just was trying to keep him in the presidency until this could happen. Or is he just a patsy. I don't know, but his GF is mad at him now.