Iowa Football Recruiting

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
All these Hoks over here trying to tell us how great they are just reeks of fear, doesn't it? I find it hilarious.

It kinda reminds of Trump a bit. He still talks about his Inauguration crowd size being the biggest, or the 3-5 million people that must have voted illegally, instead of just being able to enjoy his victory. Hey Donald, you won, get over it.

The Hoks all feel like they constantly need to come over here and validate their program and can't just enjoy the fact they beat us badly this year. Get over it people.

Fact is, they are scared to death of what Campbell might be building here, so they feel the need to come over here and remind us how great they are. Whatever. I think they might be scared.

Lol. The only fear Campbell instills in Iowa fans is the fear that one of Iowa's players or coaches will get too close to Campbell and get maimed by those freakishly large chompers. Dude's teeth are so big he could probably chew through a telephone pole.

Reactions: FatNTired

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Lol. The only fear Campbell instills in Iowa fans is the fear that one of Iowa's players or coaches will get too close to Campbell and get maimed by those freakishly large chompers. Dude's teeth are so big he could probably chew through a telephone pole.
I think he has Uthoff beat hands down

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

I could see how having teeth would scare the tavern hawks...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

That's what you have to come back with? A teeth remark? Geeez. How sad and pathetic is that.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Iowa offered Doyle's son over the weekend, class of 2018 LB from IC West.

This kid will probably be a beast, he has been Doyle-ized his entire life.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
So he crumbles in the playoffs every year?
giphy.gif

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
So he crumbles in the playoffs every year?

Is this or the BigTen plays no defense your best football job?

Me thinks you have more ammo in your Basketball arsenal if this is the best you got. Just imagine if I mocked ISU sweet 16 or Elite 8 teams hitting with such barbs as they lost because of conditioning. I bet that would really sting.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is this or the BigTen plays no defense your best football job?

Me thinks you have more ammo in your Basketball arsenal if this is the best you got. Just imagine if I mocked ISU sweet 16 or Elite 8 teams hitting with such barbs as they lost because of conditioning. I bet that would really sting.

Even the biggest Doyle fans would admit he's probably one of the worst bowl prep S&C coaches in the country. If ISU lost in the first round of the tournament every year I guarantee ISU fans would look at the entire coaching staff and criticize them

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Even the biggest Doyle fans would admit he's probably one of the worst bowl prep S&C coaches in the country. If ISU lost in the first round of the tournament every year I guarantee ISU fans would look at the entire coaching staff and criticize them

ISU has 3 bowl game wins in its entire history. Doyle has 6.

You might want to worry about getting a head coach who has the ability to get his team prepared to play its non conference games. I mean I'm not saying this, but you have said several time that Campbell doesn't care about the non conference, only conference games. If ISU doesn't take non conference games seriously, I don't think they can get to 6 conference wins and a bowl game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
ISU has 3 bowl game wins in its entire history. Doyle has 6.

You might want to worry about getting a head coach who has the ability to get his team prepared to play its non conference games. I mean I'm not saying this, but you have said several time that Campbell doesn't care about the non conference, only conference games. If ISU doesn't take non conference games seriously, I don't think they can get to 6 conference wins and a bowl game.

You're the world's biggest homer if you don't think Iowa has looked tired and slow in their last 5 bowl games.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Maybe Iowa was just playing better, more talented teams than them in all of them?

Ferentz is the 11th highest paid coach in the country and Doyle is getting $625k but they are constantly playing better and more talented teams. D'OK

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
Ferentz is the 11th highest paid coach in the country and Doyle is getting $625k but they are constantly playing better and more talented teams. D'OK
Yeah, they are in those bowl games. Stanford, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Florida, and LSU are all more talented than Iowa year in, year out. The years Iowa played those teams they were better than Iowa.

Why are you even talking about football? The clones haven't been relevant since 2000.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, they are in those bowl games. Stanford, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Florida, and LSU are all more talented than Iowa year in, year out. The years Iowa played those teams they were better than Iowa.

Why are you even talking about football? The clones haven't been relevant since 2000.

Ferentz gets paid more than all those team's coaches besides Stoops at Oklahoma and Doyle gets $625k a year. Either they are bad bowl games coaches (which they are) or they are severely overpaid

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

What did you think of ISU last 5 bowl game loses? I know you have to go back a ways since they don't make many. I thought each time they seemed less prepared and had no stamina to stand up to the likes of Tulsa, Rutgers, TCU (pre Big12), Boise St, and Bama (pre Saban)

ISU is 3-9 all time in bowl games, that is 25% winning, and I think even you would admit that is really, really bad.

Doyle is 6-8, which isn't great, but not bad considering he has done that in 16 years and ISU has racked up that impressive 3-9 record over 100 years.