****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I don't want Self to get Tillman but for him put his efforts there for the next few weeks instead of on Juiston. Should give Prohm the advantage.

They are also actively recruiting Duval and Waters as PG unless they have another player leave they will have a scholly crunch.

The way Self has been talking it sounds like a very good possibility that Svi is leaving. But if he doesn't, surely they will wait to see what Duval does before taking anyone else. Of course they could have Coleby move on and bring in Tilmon/Juiston.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Svi just declared for the Draft without signing with an agent.
This where the late withdraw from the draft really hurts coaches. Svi absolutely should go through the process to see where he stands, but it does tie the hands of a coach. Self is probably ok because he has an opening either way, but if he didn't, then things would get tricky, and they may still.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
This where the late withdraw from the draft really hurts coaches. Svi absolutely should go through the process to see where he stands, but it does tie the hands of a coach. Self is probably ok because he has an opening either way, but if he didn't, then things would get tricky, and they may still.
yeah that is the biggest problem with the rule

• Funny
Reactions: Messi

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Maybe I'm way off-base, but I would think that both the player and coach would be relatively sure of whether a player was going to enter or just test the waters. If I were a player, the last thing I'd want to do is give my coach the impression that I was going to declare, have the coach actively recruit to replace me, and then decide to come back.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Lewis has such a pretty shot. Definitely looks like a wing that could easily end up 6'5" 220. Reminds me more of Chris Babb in that video than Clyburn.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
what's so encouraging is how much his shot has improved. if he shot it like that as a high school soph/jr on the aau circuit, his recruiting ranking would be much higher (and tougher for us to sign him).

he'll have the usual frosh adjustment to bigger/stronger/faster players and his D will need to improve, but you can see how he could easily add 20-25 lbs to his body. big time potential!

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone