RECRUITING: Elijah Brown to Oregon

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
If he's just looking for winning games and being somewhere familiar to him Gonzaga would be the natural pick. Iowa winters would not be desirable. But if playing in a good conference, great arena with great fan support then ISU would be the place to go.

GU has a great arena and great fan support as well. I love ISU but there are so many programs on equal footing and offer way more than we can.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Again, how is Spokane Washington familiar to him?

Ok, so a recruit from Dallas, with non-stop flights to Des Moines would choose Iowa State over Gonzaga, because of their "proximity?". Keep in mind Brown will probably only travel home 2-3 times during his 9-10 month stay at whatever college he ends up at. There are many reasons he could go to Oregon or Gonzaga, I would be shocked if being closer to San Francisco is one of them.

The instant you understand how kids make big decisions let us know! If you think for a second that Gonzaga is a second rate program, you are badly mistaken!

If Brown likes Spokane and the BEAUTIFUL Gonzaga campus, the Jesuit education, the amazing fan support from Spokane, the great arena they play in, mountains, lack of humidity, Coach Few - whatever - he may be a Zag. There are many reasons ISU isn't right for people. There are many reasons it could be.

The kid's decision will be his and this is the only time he can make this particular decision. There will be no bad decisions for the position the kid is in. We may not like it, but it has nothing to do with what we think he should do.

• Disagree
  • Creative
Reactions: isu2014 and jim4

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
If you want to recapture the furthest ISU has ever gotten in the tournament, you'd better put these uni's on the squad:
4e508a10df6e8f69dbf08d9490b0741c.jpg
Solid D by that unit and excellent knee-wear.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The instant you understand how kids make big decisions let us know! If you think for a second that Gonzaga is a second rate program, you are badly mistaken!

If Brown likes Spokane and the BEAUTIFUL Gonzaga campus, the Jesuit education, the amazing fan support from Spokane, the great arena they play in, mountains, lack of humidity, Coach Few - whatever - he may be a Zag. There are many reasons ISU isn't right for people. There are many reasons it could be.

The kid's decision will be his and this is the only time he can make this particular decision. There will be no bad decisions for the position the kid is in. We may not like it, but it has nothing to do with what we think he should do.
When did I say anything bad about Gonzaga? I just said it's not close San Francisco. Gonzaga would obviously be a great choice for him.

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA

You didn't say anything about the "great" road conditions in Spokane. I am glad he isn't here during hoopfest though.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Again, how is Spokane Washington familiar to him?

Ok, so a recruit from Dallas, with non-stop flights to Des Moines would choose Iowa State over Gonzaga, because of their "proximity?". Keep in mind Brown will probably only travel home 2-3 times during his 9-10 month stay at whatever college he ends up at. There are many reasons he could go to Oregon or Gonzaga, I would be shocked if being closer to San Francisco is one of them.
I guess what I meant about being more familiar is just being on the west coast. Weather, people etc.

Reactions: isutrevman

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
Probably not the recruiting approach we want to start.
And yes.

I think the test of character we actually want is:
A gun to my (comCY's) head, does he come to ISU?

If he saves me, he's the kind of guy we want on our roster.