MLB: Mike Trout Gettin' Paaiiidddddd

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
These guys should only sign week to week contracts because it seems like the bar gets upped every week or so.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
For that kind of money is he now expected to strike out 200 times a year?

Subtle dig, don't hurt me.

Reactions: CyJeans

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Good deal. The most underrated athlete of his era by a mile and seemingly a really good person as well.
Outside of baseball for sure. I think most baseball fans will tell you we are probably watching the greatest player ever and certainly the best we will see in our lifetimes.

But yes, Mike is a top notch guy.

• Agree
Reactions: cyowan

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Scary thing is you could make a very real argument that he's worth more than that, based on what other players have gotten for much less production.
For sure. He would've got waaaaay more as a FA. Angels just plucked him out of the bargain bin for 36/year.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I mean, He is in (the) LA (area).
Yeah, but I mean in regards to big market teams. Everyone is always signing with the Yankees and the Dodgers. Max exposure, max $$$.

Edit: I should say your stereotypical big market teams like Yanks, Dodgers, and Red Sox. I don't think anyone thinks of the Angels as a big market team despite their location.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Outside of baseball for sure. I think most baseball fans will tell you we are probably watching the greatest player ever and certainly the best we will see in our lifetimes.

But yes, Mike is a top notch guy.

I meant in the grand scope. He's at least as good in the scope of his sport as Lebron and Lebron gets 100 times the discussion. I'm not a huge baseball guy but I heard some people talking about him one time last summer so I dug into it and it's incredible.

Of course, most of this is on baseball and how they market themselves. It's unacceptable that they have someone like Trout who no one knows about.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I remember watching him with the Kernels and thinking that at 18 he was one of the highest paid people in CR. I think he can now buy CR.

Reactions: Rural