Best "Cheap" Beer

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Beer 30 is tough to drink. Even after you're drunk
Yeah. I dont think i was starting my night with it. It was one of those weekends where you go visit your frienda at anothwr college and their entire fridge is just beer. None of it fancy craft beer. Still couldnt drink it. Beast ice and 190 proof everclear, sure, beer 30 in a purple can. Nope. Not worth it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Walgreens-Big-Flats.jpg

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
PBR is the best, "Cheap Beer" for me.

I think some may have a warped Idea of what is considered cheap though?
When I was at ISU we would buy HyVee Regal Beer, for $5.00 a case of cans.
In High School we would buy Meister Brau cases of bottles for $4.60.
Both awful, but we didn't buy it because it was good.

I don't qualify Bud, Coors, or that price point as cheap enough. Although they are barely above the cheap level, they still are a step above. Busch is Buds cheap beer, Keystone is Coors cheap beer, etc. Then you just have the entire cheap catalog Beast Light, Old Mill, Old Style, PBR Etc.

Then again, I love beer of all kinds.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
PBR is the best, "Cheap Beer" for me.

I think some may have a warped Idea of what is considered cheap though?
When I was at ISU we would buy HyVee Regal Beer, for $5.00 a case of cans.
In High School we would buy Meister Brau cases of bottles for $4.60.
Both awful, but we didn't buy it because it was good.

I don't qualify Bud, Coors, or that price point as cheap enough. Although they are barely above the cheap level, they still are a step above. Busch is Buds cheap beer, Keystone is Coors cheap beer, etc. Then you just have the entire cheap catalog Beast Light, Old Mill, Old Style, PBR Etc.

Then again, I love beer of all kinds.

Yeah, but the sad part is PBR is their high end beer.

I drank a lot of red white and blue light in college. (I don't think they even make that anymore). It very well could have been recycled Pabst it was so bad.

Reactions: 2speedy1

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Any Minhas beer is absolute horse piss. They made the Kum and Go beer. They made beer for Costco/Walgreens/Sam’s/Trader Joe’s. Mountain Creek Ice. Beer 30. All Minhas trash
The Kum and Go beer is the absolute worst thing I've ever tasted. I'd rather be stuck on an island with a stock of Natty Ice than that garbage. That said it was a main stay in our fridge for a year or so in college when a buddy had a GF who's sorority sisters had a habit of taking drinks like it they bought it.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Ah the good ole days. My wife and I encountered this stuff at a point in our life when we were right out of college and before kids. We were technically broke living in Minneapolis but yet felt like we were rich as can be! I don't think it is necessarily good beer but it will always hold a sentimental value near and dear which will make it fantastic stuff.

1607718420646.png