Best "Cheap" Beer

sandiego

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
Ah the good ole days. My wife and I encountered this stuff at a point in our life when we were right out of college and before kids. We were technically broke living in Minneapolis but yet felt like we were rich as can be! I don't think it is necessarily good beer but it will always hold a sentimental value near and dear which will make it fantastic stuff.

View attachment 79238
Oh man! We would get a box of 24 bottles of this piss at the keg shop for $5.99!!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Yuengling has been mentioned several times here but I haven’t seen this posted. Long story short, it will soon be available nationwide.

I was in Ohio a few weeks ago and bought a 12 box of their black and tan. It is pretty good if you like that mixture.

Reactions: 2speedy1

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
PBR is the best, "Cheap Beer" for me.

I think some may have a warped Idea of what is considered cheap though?
When I was at ISU we would buy HyVee Regal Beer, for $5.00 a case of cans.
In High School we would buy Meister Brau cases of bottles for $4.60.
Both awful, but we didn't buy it because it was good.

I don't qualify Bud, Coors, or that price point as cheap enough. Although they are barely above the cheap level, they still are a step above. Busch is Buds cheap beer, Keystone is Coors cheap beer, etc. Then you just have the entire cheap catalog Beast Light, Old Mill, Old Style, PBR Etc.

Then again, I love beer of all kinds.

Natural/Natural Light is Bud's cheap beer, btw.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
This thread made me nostalgic for crappy beer, so now I’m drinking a Schlitz.
Schlitz went back to the Original recipe they had lost. So its not the same crap that was out in the 80s/90s. Its back to the og stuff from way back when it was still considered some form of decent beer.
still remember my dad drinking Schlitz and Schmidt back when they had all the cases with nature themes etc. Those were the first tastes of beer I ever had.

Gordilly

Sep 5, 2011
My dad had some **** that was a white can that said beer in black letters. I stole a couple once. I put them back after one.
I recall those in the grocery store when I was a kid. My dad and uncles stuck with the Schmidt big mouth bottles during family gatherings, so I never had the chance to beg a swig of generic. Pretty sure I was leery of it anyway.