BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Very big OU guy on Twitter who used to be 1000% anti SEC and just hilarious to Texas people on Twitter and now that the team he cheers for is in a good spot, he basically changed his entire stance on everything and just makes fun of the rest of the Big 12 while saying “he feels bad”. He’s such a patronizing douche now. I only follow him now because he sometimes tweets out expansion news.

******* ass hole.

Everyone knows Texas is only ever going to be looking out for themselves. OU was in this conference for 102 years. Think about that, and then the willingness to be lured away by ESPN. LOL.

I actually have more contempt for OU in all of this. They're hoes.

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
texas has screwed over the Big 12 twice now. And as I like to mention every chance I get they won 83% of their games in the 10 years prior to the formation of the longhorn Network. In the ten years since....58%.

But I'll set the over/under as to the amount of time it will take texas to screw over the SEC at 3 years. They won't even have to be in the league to do it. Place your bets. I'm taking the under.

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
I've come up with a metaphor to describe what ou and texas have done here.

I liken it to a man who has been happily married to a beautiful woman for years. The marriage is great but suddenly he just up and leaves her for his younger secretary. And after that everybody starts paying a price.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

First thing that jumped out to me is the idea that each B1G/ACC/Pac school would play one from each of the other two leagues per season. This only works if the Pac adds two (and only two) schools, or if all three leagues expand.

second takeaway is if this happens without expansion, the Big 12 leftovers are likely going to end up playing the SEC in non-con a lot. Alternatively, the SEC could just go to 10 conference games.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
First thing that jumped out to me is the idea that each B1G/ACC/Pac school would play one from each of the other two leagues per season. This only works if the Pac adds two (and only two) schools, or if all three leagues expand.

second takeaway is if this happens without expansion, the Big 12 leftovers are likely going to end up playing the SEC in non-con a lot. Alternatively, the SEC could just go to 10 conference games.

Another point to this is Notre Dame wouldn't have to go full blown join the ACC to participate in the alliance games. They are absolutely going to want those two games question is would the ACC allow them to remain half pregnant? So basically ND always getting their way could help increase the number of invites that go out.

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011

What happens to Iowa State's Matt Campbell?
The Cyclones head coach would already have been atop the wish list at places like Michigan and USC, which are both expected to have openings if the schools don't have outstanding seasons.

Campbell has been inordinately loyal to Ames, as he has resisted overtures the past few seasons from the highest levels of college and the NFL. Ames has been a perfect bubble for Campbell, who loves digging in with his team and is ambivalent toward the front facing parts of the job like media and engaging with boosters.

Iowa State has been able to thrive building what he likes to call a "life factory," not a "football factory."

But with Big 12 revenues destined to shrink and recruiting made more daunting by the lack of being able to sell a top conference, Campbell may turn to more of a traditional football factory.

He has pushed Iowa State through some glass ceilings, including four consecutive bowls for the first time in school history and a breakthrough Fiesta Bowl victory on the national state last season. He has built a staff fiercely loyal to him.

Can that last forever?

With 19 starters returning, this feels like a last call for Campbell in Ames. He should be able to have his pick of jobs in college and interest in the NFL.

The dilemma of Campbell doubles as the issue for the Big 12.

"Can you afford the coach?" asked a Big 12 source. "You could based on current revenues. But for the future, that's the uncertain part of it. The second piece is perception. Are you at the same level? Does the coach see it through that lens? Do they think their job just got harder? Is recruiting harder?"

Last edited:

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I've come up with a metaphor to describe what ou and texas have done here.

I liken it to a man who has been happily married to a beautiful woman for years. The marriage is great but suddenly he just up and leaves her for his younger secretary. And after that everybody starts paying a price.
Don't forget the adage: if they'll do it with you, they'll do it to you.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
No surprise here. SEC expects OUT to be competing for them next year.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
No surprise here. SEC expects OUT to be competing for them next year.

Yada yada CLICK BAIT.

Help Support Us

Become a patron