If the B12 remains intact and moves forward

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
THere is not going to be a P4. There are going to be 5 Autonomous conferences, including the Big 12.

What matters is who you play. ISU in a new Big 12 could very well end up playing 4-5 ranked teams every year. A conference like that is more than adequate to have a seat at the table.

Do you know how many Top 25 teams Clemson will play this year? as of right now?

link to this being part of the contract going forward

Forgive me, but anyone who that 200000 people will pay 20 a game 4-5 times a year doesn’t have a great deal of credibility

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
And puts one more team in front of us when they do the next round of realignment.

great idea
Not really....OSU would NEVER let Cinci in the B1G and their academics lock them out of the ACC and PAC. As those would be our only 3 realistic options for conference jumping it doesn't impact us in that regard at all.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How long did it take Nebraska and Missouri and a&m to leave?

There’s no way they will let this go to court, and so espn will pay (although we were told their lawyers will stop that), and that will include a bulk payout to each school and a new GOR
When those teams left TC payments went up for everyone so they were left to leave. Only way OU/UT get out is the same route, and I don’t think ESPN is bumping up our payout without them.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
They WILL keep the name. And as I said, play better football than the ACC and PAC...and often better than the B1G on the field. Best of all...they'll keep that access to the playoffs that comes with being P5. Losing OUUT sucks and of course will be felt deeply...that can be true whilst it is also true that the Big 12 remains a power conference with access to the playoffs.

I'd like to welcome Hawkeye fan Brodie to the discussion...he's "dumbing" my pro Big 12 comments like a good Hawk should! Keep it up...its precisely how I know I'm hitting the sweet spot.

• Haha
Reactions: Brodie0

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Not really....OSU would NEVER let Cinci in the B1G and their academics lock them out of the ACC and PAC. As those would be our only 3 realistic options for conference jumping it doesn't impact us in that regard at all.

Well you guys seem to think nobody wants Iowa State, so that’s a moot point then. But elevating Cincinnati and BYU and giving them more than they have now, while we get far less, should work out really well.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
When those teams left TC payments went up for everyone so they were left to leave. Only way OU/UT get out is the same route, and I don’t think ESPN is bumping up our payout without them.

Actually espn did a new contract for ut 3rd tier rights and that kept them in the conference.

Espn will pay a lump sum, maybe the remaining tv dollars, or a negotiated sum, because there is no way they want the schools to stay, and the schools certainly don’t either

Of course, since there is no other conference that wants at least 6 of us, they may hold on to get as much as they can.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Well you guys seem to think nobody wants Iowa State, so that’s a moot point then. But elevating Cincinnati and BYU and giving them more than they have now, while we get far less, should work out really well.

I don't think "nobody wants Iowa State". Quite the opposite actually. But that doesn't mean we don't do EVERY damn thing we can until that invite comes to make sure the new Big 12 is as good as it can be. And elevating two solid programs, does not result in us getting far less...if that were the case, it won't happen. That's what the expansion committee is for...to vet the programs and ensure the payouts INCREASE with these additions. With Luck and Wintersteen on the committee...I have 100% confidence good decisions will be made.

• Haha
Reactions: Brodie0

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Actually espn did a new contract for ut 3rd tier rights and that kept them in the conference.

Espn will pay a lump sum, maybe the remaining tv dollars, or a negotiated sum, because there is no way they want the schools to stay, and the schools certainly don’t either

Of course, since there is no other conference that wants at least 6 of us, they may hold on to get as much as they can.
Ok, which 2 are wanted?

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ

You have no clue which conferences want or don't want "6 of us". None of us do and neither do the talking heads in sports media. You know who does....The AD's and Presidents and the Commissioners of the conferences in question. None of us...and the sports media chatterers...will have any clue until AFTER the settlement with OUUT is completed.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Ok, which 2 are wanted?

See I have always thought Iowa State would be one, but that’s not this discussion.

so I would assume of the remainder, Kansas because of basketball and then West Virginia because of geography. But Oklahoma State has an argument as well.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
You have no clue which conferences want or don't want "6 of us". None of us do and neither do the talking heads in sports media. You know who does....The AD's and Presidents and the Commissioners of the conferences in question. None of us...and the sports media chatterers...will have any clue until AFTER the settlement with OUUT is completed.

you seemed to continue to miss the point that I am not the one that is saying Iowa State is doomed. You guys are the ones in here trying to pump enough sunshine to pretend that the remaining 8 and BYU Cincinnati and two directional Florida schools will be a swell league.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

Imagine being on the same side of any argument with tornado man

ironically enough, he was one that said Iowa state doesn’t offer anything

but You should probably take your own words here, and relax. Iowa State will be fine Been saying that for a few weeks now. It’s the people your here agreeing with that have said they won’t be.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Imagine being on the same side of any argument with tornado man

ironically enough, he was one that said Iowa state doesn’t offer anything

but You should probably take your own words here, and relax. Iowa State will be fine Been saying that for a few weeks now. It’s the people your here agreeing with that have said they won’t be.
Like you have any clue.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Speculative numbers support his claim. Using a decade old model support the others. Knowing technology progression and viewing trends, I'll agree with him.
Because it helps you feel better about the future - whatever.
I've always said that ISU's profile is much more that of a Big Ten school than a Big 12. We have ISU grads all over the landscape of Big Ten faculty. And tons of Big Ten grads on ours.
But it sounds like the Big Ten will be going for bigger fish when/if they expand.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
you seemed to continue to miss the point that I am not the one that is saying Iowa State is doomed. You guys are the ones in here trying to pump enough sunshine to pretend that the remaining 8 and BYU Cincinnati and two directional Florida schools will be a swell league.
My god man...can you read? Let me lay out in easy terms. Iowa State has a real shot at getting an invite to one of the other P5's. If it does not, the new Big 12 will still be a P5 conference with solid payouts...though a bit less than we get today. That's the scenarios at play...and in either event ISU will remain as it is...a P5 school. Adding BYU and Cinci will keep this conference at that performance level.

That is it. That's the entirety of what's being said. Every other spin you put on the counterarguments comes from your own internal misperception of what others are saying.

And let me add, at this point we all know next to nothing of what is going on in negotiations both between conferences...and within them. We know next to nothing of what kind of monetary offers are being discussed and negotiated. This is ALL speculation at this point.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
the browns and bengals fall in first behind Ohio state

Michigan is more popular in Ohio than Cincinnati is
Really. Pretty lame to bring Browns & Bengals into a college football argument. OSU and Bearcat fans can also be Browns, Bengals, Steeler, etc. NFL team fans.

The Bearcats 2019 home attendance was 35,985. That was much higher than Rutgers and close to these other Big10 programs:

Northwestern 37,736
Illinois 36,587
Maryland 37,812
Indiana 41,244

The Bearcat's 2019 attendance was more than: Boston College, Duke, Kansas, Oregon State, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and Washington State.

So to target Cincy because they lack fan interest seems misplaced when they don't have the athletic department $ of the above.