TX fires Herman

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This is interesting to watch play out. First, Texas talks to Urban. He declines. Texas assures us Herman is their man. Then, they fire Herman a few weeks later after his recruiting class is signed. Then, a few hours later, they hire Sark.

Now, Sark is an offensive whiz whose best P12 season at Washington was 5-4. In fact, four of his five years there were 5-4, the other, his first, was 4-5. His best at USC was 6-3. I don't count OOC games for obvious reasons. Then, he falls off the wagon and gets canned a couple of games into his second season in the city of angels.

He goes to bama's staff and, of course as everyone does there, he's a big winner as o'coordinator. By extension that means he'll win big as head coach at Texas, I guess. Assuming that he has Saban-like recruiting and wisdom running the Longhorn program, which will surely be the case. Pardon my being surly about all this. Will Muschamp promptly starts it off by declining Sark's offer to be Texas's d'coordinator.

All the while, Herman walks with a cool $15 million buyout plus an additional $9 mill spread about for his assistants. Now maybe Tennessee? And remember how Texas stole Herman from LSU who then go stuck with ole Ed Orgeron?

Ya, gotta love college football.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
It looks like Texas will survive OK . . . .

The dollars are staggering considering a $23 MM drop in rev...and makes me envious:

".... After expenses, Texas turned a $22.1 million profit. This year’s total revenue was down $23 million from last year, roughly a 10% drop from the 2018-19 fiscal year. Of the $200.8 million in total revenue, $146.8 million was generated from the football program..."

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You know, something that hasn't been talked about much is if Sark knew at the time he interviewed that TX was going to move to the SEC. If he gave a heads up to Saban, etc.

A lotta quiet lips.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
You know, something that hasn't been talked about much is if Sark knew at the time he interviewed that TX was going to move to the SEC. If he gave a heads up to Saban, etc.

A lotta quiet lips.
I thought Sark was going to bring Texa$ towards the SEC, but this is NOT what I had in mind...

Mississippi Clone

Aug 6, 2016
The dollars are staggering considering a $23 MM drop in rev...and makes me envious:

".... After expenses, Texas turned a $22.1 million profit. This year’s total revenue was down $23 million from last year, roughly a 10% drop from the 2018-19 fiscal year. Of the $200.8 million in total revenue, $146.8 million was generated from the football program..."
yeah they have so much money, they are gone from the Big 12 by next football season, if they can't lawyer their way out, they will just pay the fines and say F U to the rest of the Big 12. Tough to accept, but they have no intention of staying or honoring any agreement.

Reactions: Go2Guy