Iowa starting quarterback for Iowa State

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
No, its based on watching Northwestern ALMOST as religiously as I've watched Iowa State since Fitz got there.

I'm a huge Pat Fitzgerald fan and NW fan. Even back when Randy Bates was there and Walker etc..

Other than Iowa State - I always watch Northwestern whenever I can - just like I'll watch Vanderbilt whenever I can. Always Iowa State first but schools who are in a under dog role, I watch them as much as I can

-----

and yes, Pat knows where the holes are, you are correct about that. My point was that Fitzgerald does not want to take risks or play balls to the wall. He's a conservative very fundamental coach which is similar to Kirk. Which is part of why NW matches up with Iowa so well - because they're so similar.
for some reason I like watching Northwestern too. Ever since they won the Big 10 in 1995, they have had a good program overall.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
OL was bad but I think SP is Iowa's biggest problem, and it's not close. SP did have clean looks yesterday and, same as last year, he just missed. Badly.
Guy is actually getting worse with more experience. Not sure what I else I can even say about that except "coaching issue".

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Guy is actually getting worse with more experience. Not sure what I else I can even say about that except "coaching issue".
I mean, there’s no way it’s not. And to have so little depth recruited that you can’t replace him OR have depth (I don’t think this is the issue) to replace him and your too stubborn to, that’s on Kirk. And to be coaching for this long and have this issue really makes it that much worse. There’s not really an excuse.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
If anybody needs some very entertaining reading tonight may I suggest this thread. What started as a debate on whether their QB or OL suck worse, has devolved into breaking down one horrible throw like the zapruder film.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Petras will probably play out of his mind and have his best game ever or a backup will come in and do what they always do to us because we didn’t prepare for them

How much film is there for Iowa's back ups? And even if Petras plays well, that's what, average for a QB?

I'd be more worried about Iowa's D over maybe everything.

They'll do the old NE Pats approach and take away Dekkers and Hutch first and foremost and make ISU win another way.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Iowa’s biggest problem is their OL. Run and pass blocking was terrible yesterday and they looked out of sync from the snap. If they can’t fox that, it doesn’t matter who the qb is.
Our benevolent fanaticism will allow you to be here this week. A one week special!

:jimlad: