CR Gazette calling for transparency from Ferentz

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Everyone at that press conference is about to get blocked by the entire Iowa football staff and their credentials revoked. They have no idea the world of pain they are entering.
More context please.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Dating back to the Fry years Iowa is notorious for blacklisting media members that dare to ask tough questions or publish negative things about the program. Credentials get pulled, coaches don’t do interviews, etc.
Yeah. I just thought there was something going on right now and the media was finally asking tough questions.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Kirk needed to win 9-10 games again this year to minimize the fallout from the racism trial that starts in the offseason. If he goes say 5-7 or 6-6 he’ll get a lot less rope from Iowa fans and media. This could be the time when the bottom finally falls out for ol’ KF. I’ve always felt that he would leave with the program in a steep decline rather than on solid footing. He’s had too many things go his way with weak schedules and dodging landmines.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
On a scale 1 to 42,000,000. All of the millions.

I wasn’t expecting him to say anything to make anyone feel better about things, but on the other hand they have painted themselves in this corner so there wasn’t anything he could say.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
More context please.
All you need to do is look at transcripts of the press conference. BF mentions something about "getting the burden off your shoulders" to one of the media members actually asking a good question. That tells you everything you need to know about how KF and BF look at the media and how scared the media are to ask these questions.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I don't think ndas cover illegal activities, not sure what the scope of the questioning is though
Correct, an NDA would always have an out for any law or court ordered requirement. Now a civil case, I am not as sure.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah. I just thought there was something going on right now and the media was finally asking tough questions.

The Iowa media fanboys are upset that their hawks aren't doing too well..

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
All you need to do is look at transcripts of the press conference. BF mentions something about "getting the burden off your shoulders" to one of the media members actually asking a good question. That tells you everything you need to know about how KF and BF look at the media and how scared the media are to ask these questions.
Because they know if they ask them, their credentials will be pulled.

Reactions: Kinch

Help Support Us

Become a patron