House of the Dragon

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Yeah that big dragon is really really ******* big.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Wow.

That sequence at the end was as thrilling as TV can possibly get. I was on the edge of my seat.

And someone mentioned the dragons taking over from the riders; I thought that was a terrific mini-subplot there. These are huge and extremely dangerous beasts in the end who are really the ones in charge, no matter how strong the bond.

Amazing TV, and while I didn't necessarily hate Season 8 of GOT, I can also understand and respect the criticisms of it. I think HOTD went a long ways toward redemption of the franchise.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I had a feeling that was going to be the big set piece that they ended the season on. Great episode. I like how they sort of had the riders lose control of their dragons. That wasn't in the book, but there weren't any eye witnesses to the fight in the book, so it's not really contradictory, and it fits, given that this was an overt act of war while Rhaenyra had not yet given her formal answer to the terms offered by Alicent, that Aemond wouldn't necessarily wanted the outcome he got.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Was it ever made clear which dragon it was that Daemon was singing to? Definitely one of the bigger ones. Maybe Vermithor or the Cannibal?
They mentioned al of the riderless dragons on Dragonstone. I'm looking forward to the whole Dragonseeds storyline.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Was it ever made clear which dragon it was that Daemon was singing to? Definitely one of the bigger ones. Maybe Vermithor or the Cannibal?
They mentioned al of the riderless dragons on Dragonstone. I'm looking forward to the whole Dragonseeds storyline.

We watched with subtitles and I'm pretty sure it said something along the lines of "Vermithor snarls" during that scene.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
We watched with subtitles and I'm pretty sure it said something along the lines of "Vermithor snarls" during that scene.
Got it. Thanks. That makes sense.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
It has already been confirmed they won’t start filming season two until late summer next year so 2024 for sure.
Just read that Ryan Condal confirmed filming in early 2023 and its TBD if it will also premiere in 2023

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Can't decide now whether I want to read Fire and Blood between seasons or if I want to be surprised.
It's a good read. The way it's presented as an historical account gathered from multiple sources, some of which cannot entirely be relied upon, makes for a unique storytelling technique. Sometimes it's sort of like reading a tabloid account of a historical event, while at other times, it's a fairly straightforward accounting of what happened.
The good thing is that even if you read it, the details of the book are vague enough that there's plenty of room for artistic license when it comes to how they're portrayed in the show, so while you may know where the story will ultimately go, you can't be entirely sure of how they're going to get there, so there's still some mystery to watching the show.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It's a good read. The way it's presented as an historical account gathered from multiple sources, some of which cannot entirely be relied upon, makes for a unique storytelling technique. Sometimes it's sort of like reading a tabloid account of a historical event, while at other times, it's a fairly straightforward accounting of what happened.
The good thing is that even if you read it, the details of the book are vague enough that there's plenty of room for artistic license when it comes to how they're portrayed in the show, so while you may know where the story will ultimately go, you can't be entirely sure of how they're going to get there, so there's still some mystery to watching the show.
So it’s not viewpoint chapters like GoT? Sansa’s chapters made me hate her with a passion.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
So it’s not viewpoint chapters like GoT? Sansa’s chapters made me hate her with a passion.
No viewpoint chapters. It's presented more as a chronicle of the Targaryen family history starting with Aegon the Conqueror.

Reactions: carvers4math

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Seems like some folks aren't happy with some of the decisions by the show runners regarding Daemon's behavior in this latest episode.
Newsflash, he's not exactly a good guy. He straight up murdered his first wife. Couldn't keep the smile off of his face during his second wife's funeral. He might not always act like a monster, but they've certainly established that he has that within him.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Seems like some folks aren't happy with some of the decisions by the show runners regarding Daemon's behavior in this latest episode.
Newsflash, he's not exactly a good guy. He straight up murdered his first wife. Couldn't keep the smile off of his face during his second wife's funeral. He might not always act like a monster, but they've certainly established that he has that within him.
The Daemon fanboy/fangirling has been weird from the start. I've never seen him as anything more than a loose cannon with questionable morals/motives. To me, he was the 3rd or 4th most interesting character of S1.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I never got the Tyrion Lannister love either other than Dinklage I guess. He did horrible things without much introspection for a very long time.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What can we deduce about Aemund's vicious murder of his young cousin and his dragon? If I could interpret Aemund's reaction to what his dragon had done, it was that of shock and "Oh fuuuuudggeee...except I didn't say fudge." My lead up question to that, however, is what exactly was he trying to do if not kill him?

While in the Baratheon hall, he demanded Luke pay him back the eye he took from him. I can't imagine what his plan was to simply get that eye when he decided to chase him on dragon back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron