***Big 12 Championships (Sat./Sun.)***

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
"It's obvious O'toole can win"...???

Lost 7-2 in a match that wasn't close and got pinned in the second match that was closer but never felt like DC was ever in danger.

I'm not saying O'Toole can't win...just a weird phrase to say after he's 0-2 against DC.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Ok, after watching to the end...is their love affair with O'toole because of their affiliation with Askren? They seem kinda delusional on what actually happened in these two matches.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Carr has pretty much dominated KOT. If Carr doesn’t win the title it’s probably because someone else beat him.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
The stall

I am no fan of mo having anything to do with the B12 logo. For those that think it's good, let another conference take over. Make it the MW. With ou gone it should no longer be B12.
My comment was more about the first stall and the stalemate than the second stall. First stall was quick and unexpected. Stalemate kept David from potentially scoring more.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
The Flo guys (Minus Askren) watched the match live last night. It's interesting and kinda funny. CP threw his glasses off, he couldn't believe David pinned him. Apparently Askren just text "F*ck" after the match to CP.

Starts about 1hr 20 min into this or so.

As a newbie...could those guys be anymore partisan?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
"It's obvious O'toole can win"...???

Lost 7-2 in a match that wasn't close and got pinned in the second match that was closer but never felt like DC was ever in danger.

I'm not saying O'Toole can't win...just a weird phrase to say after he's 0-2 against DC.
They do acknowledge that he's really really good he is but seems like they are still coming to terms with it. Comments, like you noted, are borderline disrespectful at this point, at best.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
They're insufferable often. I checked up the show today to drink in the butthurt. The fact that they posted a live clip of them watching the match went beyond making my day and was very pleasant surprise.

I hate being that guy/that fan base that thinks no one respects us or likes us. I know @jcordova8 said she saw Poke fans cheering for us but there were clear shots of where the other teams were sitting matside during at least David's match of UNI and I believe a couple of other teams jumping around mad about the takedown call and happy with the stall call. Add in these yahoos and it absolutely feels like Cyclones Vs The World.

JohnPrineforCy

Feb 1, 2019
They're insufferable often. I checked up the show today to drink in the butthurt. The fact that they posted a live clip of them watching the match went beyond making my day and was very pleasant surprise.
tI was a great to watch the live reactions, but I woke up today really hoping I would get to listen to Askren cry about the match. Excited to hear what he says later this week.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CyDawg23

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
I hate being that guy/that fan base that thinks no one respects us or likes us. I know @jcordova8 said she saw Poke fans cheering for us but there were clear shots of where the other teams were sitting matside during at least David's match of UNI and I believe a couple of other teams jumping around mad about the takedown call and happy with the stall call. Add in these yahoos and it absolutely feels like Cyclones Vs The World.
That was Parker Keck who is from Wisconsin and is a askren wrestling academy guy like Keegan so that one is understandable

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
My comment was more about the first stall and the stalemate than the second stall. First stall was quick and unexpected. Stalemate kept David from potentially scoring more.
The stalemate was bull **** for sure, as David later showed in OT. Almost the same position, and we all know how Carr used it the second time.

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
JD Rader is from Jewell and is actually a big cyclone fan but it's like he doesn't want to come across as a homer so it almost makes it seem like he's a hater in way lol. I wish he would stick up for ISU more than he does

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
The big thing I worry about David is running into a guy like

The UNI guy jumping around was Keckeisen, he is an Askren kid so it makes sense he was pulling for O’Toole. Not to mention David has completely embarrassed Yant now twice.