***Big 12 Championships (Sat./Sun.)***

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
I have to think Bastida has an injury that is not going to heal in a few weeks and that if he wants to wrestle in Nationals, he’s going to have to learn to wrestle through it. Watching Spencer Lee win a title with no ACLs, I would not have known the extent of his injuries by watching attitude and drive. Different people react to ailments in different ways.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
If he was hurt as some say on here, then why would you wrestle him if he was already in, especially in the last match. I mean I get that we were going for a 2nd place team trophy, but not worth it imo.
It's been alluded to in some places and said in others, but apparently he's dinged up and not handling it well mentally. I get the feeling from what I've read that he's as dinged up as most wrestlers this time of year and he needs to find a way to fight through it. If that's actually the case then I hope he can find the fortitude to go out and start manhandling guys again at the NCAAs.

Now, there's always the chance that he's a little more than "dinged up" and that there's some deception(not in a bad way) coming from the coaches here to not give anything more away than necessary. Either way, there is SOMETHING going on with him physically and he hasn't been able to deal with it well so far.

PS - I don't actually KNOW anything. These seem like the two most likely scenarios here.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
No more “random” draws
I heard about the disparity of draws but then looked closer. Wowza. I realize Missouri was the favorite but it is pretty much impossible when they have 8 pigtails all being their seeded wrestler against an unseeded opponent. OSU had 5 pigtails with 4 of their seeded wrestlers against unseeded. ISU? 4 pigtails with only 1 seeded wrestler.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
He had 1 point losses during the season to the following qualifiers - Ruth, Eischens, Picklo, DeVos. Couldn’t win the close ones
What is Cade DeVos’ overall record against ISU during his career?

Nevermind. Looked it up. He is 6-2 against ISU.

2-0 v Devine
1-0 v Broderson
1-0 v Rojas (fall)
1-0 v Helgeson (MD)
1-0 v Stotts
0-2 v Carr (Dec and MD)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I heard about the disparity of draws but then looked closer. Wowza. I realize Missouri was the favorite but it is pretty much impossible when they have 8 pigtails all being their seeded wrestler against an unseeded opponent. OSU had 5 pigtails with 4 of their seeded wrestlers against unseeded. ISU? 4 pigtails with only 1 seeded wrestler.
200w.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron