***Big 12 Championships (Sat./Sun.)***

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
On a related note - I just checked the Intermat rankings. Redding up a spot to 15, Swiderski up to 22 from 32, Paniero up to 4 from 10, Kraiser up to #20 from 26, Yonger all the way down to 16, Sam up to 6 from 8. Broderson dropped out of the rankings, and no entry at 125.

Team is now at 6th, but just 2.5 points out of 4th and just 5 points out of third. A healthy YB and everyone wrestling to seed and a podium is not a crazy thought.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
On a related note - I just checked the Intermat rankings. Redding up a spot to 15, Swiderski up to 22 from 32, Paniero up to 4 from 10, Kraiser up to #20 from 26, Yonger all the way down to 16, Sam up to 6 from 8. Broderson dropped out of the rankings, and no entry at 125.

Team is now at 6th, but just 2.5 points out of 4th and just 5 points out of third. A healthy YB and everyone wrestling to seed and a podium is not a crazy thought.
Seeds tomorrow and I can’t wait. Yonger at 16 is nuts, but deserved for how he’s wrestled lately.

Paniro can make a run to the finals as long as he’s opposite Yianni.

Reactions: Ocy Docy

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

David wins and gets 22. Paniro and Coleman combine for 20-22. Yonger and Sam combine for 10. Those aren’t crazy expectations and that right there guys us to 52-54 points. Need a couple from the rest of the guys and it’s within reach. Between the other 3 we might get lucky and get 5 or 6 points

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Agree with everything, but thats even a tall task for KOT now. He slowed this one down and David, when he wanted, was always able to get to his single leg at will. David also doesnt allow KOT to scramble and funk it up the way he can with everyone else. If I am O'toole I am completely defeated right now because what he is best at just doesnt work against Carr.
Normally we are on the same page. However, It's impossible for me to think that someone as high level as KOT would be "completely defeated right now" because he lost in over-time. If anything I'd predict he's encouraged because he closed the gap in regulation and in his mind he'd probably tell you he got "caught" in OT going for a TD.

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
Normally we are on the same page. However, It's impossible for me to think that someone as high level as KOT would be "completely defeated right now" because he lost in over-time. If anything I'd predict he's encouraged because he closed the gap in regulation and in his mind he'd probably tell you he got "caught" in OT going for a TD.
Yeah thats probably the more accurate way to look at it. Just have all the confidence in David right now, and I am having a hard time seeing him lose again.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Seeds tomorrow and I can’t wait. Yonger at 16 is nuts, but deserved for how he’s wrestled lately.

Paniro can make a run to the finals as long as he’s opposite Yianni.
I would have never predicted him as low as 16 (not saying he doesn't deserve it either). I also would have never predicted the returning champ to be #9 and the returning runner up to be #13. What a meat grinder year at this weight... It's chewing guys up.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019

I wonder if Yonger MFF's the last 2 matches does his ranking drop that much?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
My best estimate for seeding based on rankings and kind of how things were seeded last year.

133 - Redding - 18-22ish
141 - Swiderski - 24-28ish
149 - Johnson - 3 to 6ish
157 - Kraisser - 20 to 25ish
165 - Carr - 1
184 - Coleman - 4 to 6ish
197 - Bastida - 10 to 15ish
285 - Schuyler - 7 to 9ish

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Sloan just kept waiting for his turn on top and the way the match played out he never got it. I would love shot clock and push out rule in folkstyle. Both can help create more offensive wrestling situations. People want action.
I kind of chuckled watching sv/utb play out. Normally I am a Sloan fan being he's an Iowa kid, but if the number 1 seed in the conference is wrestling that style of a match it is a bad look. I love watching Olympic style wrestling & would love to see an activity clock. Another change I would like, is that any stoppage would result in a neutral restart.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
If he was hurt as some say on here, then why would you wrestle him if he was already in, especially in the last match. I mean I get that we were going for a 2nd place team trophy, but not worth it imo.

• Agree
Reactions: crablegs

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If he was hurt as some say on here, then why would you wrestle him if he was already in, especially in the last match. I mean I get that we were going for a 2nd place team trophy, but not worth it imo.
Is there a trophy?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron